Early Access is going to end soon - get in quick!

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 15 comments
Australia
Brisbane
Punknoodle_Nick
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=926298027396516&id=305504559475869

Above is a Facebook post from the official Assetto Corsa page, detailing the update. The bottom paragraph however, states this:

"KUNOS Simulazioni is expanding
The Early Access program has been very successful, exceeding our expectations, and it's about to end. Thanks to this results, KUNOS Simulazioni has welcomed some additional programmers and graphics modellers that are already involved in current and future productions, thanks to their experience matured working on AAA games. We are grateful of the amazing response of the community towards Assetto Corsa and we try our best to give you the best racing game we are able to make. Thank you very much for your incredible support: see you on track!"

I would suggest anyone who was on the fence and still didn't pick it up in the sale should act now - it's worth it!

Wow, this fits with the timeline of the promised September release date for the Nordschleife DLC which was supposed to come after 1.0. Great news. :)

I'm certainly not holding my breath on Nordschleife being released this year. When you read that latest blog, they're talking about almost being finished with the modeling of Spa. I thought that was done months ago and they were just withholding it for final release. That excludes the fact they still promised another Silverstone layout and that massive Italian track (name is on the official site). Which leads me to think Nordschleife hasn't exactly been at the top of their "to do" list. I doubt they've done much more than scan it at this point.

I'm certainly not holding my breath on Nordschleife being released this year. When you read that latest blog, they're talking about almost being finished with the modeling of Spa. I thought that was done months ago and they were just withholding it for final release. That excludes the fact they still promised another Silverstone layout and that massive Italian track (name is on the official site). Which leads me to think Nordschleife hasn't exactly been at the top of their "to do" list. I doubt they've done much more than scan it at this point.
Yeah, that's a good point to keep in mind. Another possibility is that they're removing the game from Steam's EA but not necessarily launching it immediately afterwards. Maybe there'll be a period where it just won't be available like with any other game without an EA program.

Still, if they're removing AC from EA then that means that EA did really go well and game's closer to 1.0. :)

They only know how close they are to 1.0 but if you are after Nordschleife an excellent and available option is a modding version: nord_snoopy_1.1
I am really enjoying it.

Guess there is no DVD version? Is so, I can't buy AC. Don't have a credit card.

Yep, but I'm not going to make a PayPal account for just one game or for only one purchase.

Yep, but I'm not going to make a PayPal account for just one game or for only one purchase.
Go and get a prepaid visa (or whatever brand) card. They work great for online purchases. Once its used up toss it in the trash and get another one. Most secure way to make online purchases.

Yeah. Or if they sell pre-paid Steam cards in Europe (like in the US), you could go that route.

If you're unwilling to use some type of card, you're pretty much out of luck for any legit PC purchases. iRacing, Game Stock Car, AC, and rfactor 2 are all digital only purchases. And those are the big 4 if you're talking about physics on PC.

They only know how close they are to 1.0 but if you are after Nordschleife an excellent and available option is a modding version: nord_snoopy_1.1
I am really enjoying it.

...and Snoopy has been posting frequent updates to fix any issues with it! I agree, really awesome. It's been hugely better since 0.9.8 but improving all the time... 1.1 is fantastic.

Guess there is no DVD version? Is so, I can't buy AC. Don't have a credit card.

You can also buy Steam wallet top-up cards from physical shops/stores that work the same as PSN cards. Type in the code, get 'money' to spend on Steam.

A pre paid credit card is very new in Belgium and is, believe or not, pretty expensive.

I don't know what a pre-paid Steam card or a Steam wallet top-up card is. But I guess that google is my friend :D

Ok, thanks. I need to do some research to find out excatly how to get a gift card (or a pre-paid Steam card or a Steam wallet top-up card) is but it seems that it is going to possible to get AC if I want to. 👍

Back