Earth Defense Force 2025!

Australia
Sydney
snakebacon97
EDF! EDF! EDF!
An amazing, fantastic game where you shoot thousands of bugs with hundreds of weapons, with four unique classes, an absurd amount of missions, and 2-player splitscreen/4-player online.

This thread is for general discussion about the game and arranging online play between members.

Has quite possibly the worst story, perhaps worst graphics, horrible controls for vehicles, and robot anime girl things.

And it's simply addicting.

I find it to be graphically sound (especially when you take into consideration the absurd amount of stuff going on at once), but I agree on all other points. The story for those who haven't played it involves big nasty robots bombarding Earth with giant space insects, and I'm still trying to figure out if that is a better plot premise than what Godzilla Unleashed had, but anyway... I haven't played as the Air Raider many times so I'll take your word for vehicle controls (I've heard horror stories about the Motorbike).
The important thing is that the game is an absolute blast, no matter how low the frame rate gets.

Last edited:
I still need to rent this. I truly enjoyed the other EDF games. Just wasn't sure if I could justify the purchase of this one with the current list of backlog games that I have. I heard it has around 80 levels and 4 player co-op. Does it have some of the massive enemies from EDF2017? EDF IA didn't have very big enemies so it was a bit disappointing.

I still need to rent this. I truly enjoyed the other EDF games. Just wasn't sure if I could justify the purchase of this one with the current list of backlog games that I have. I heard it has around 80 levels and 4 player co-op. Does it have some of the massive enemies from EDF2017? EDF IA didn't have very big enemies so it was a bit disappointing.

Sorry I took two months to reply, I forgot all about this thread.
Some of the enemies are several hundred metres tall, there is 2-player splitscreen or 4-player online co-op (the X360 version also has online split-screen, apparently) It is definitely and absolutely worth a rent, being one of the greatest games I have played in ages. You may want to try and buy a copy though as the game seems to have gotten a tiny print run, and copies are only getting harder to come by.

Back