Easiest car in the game for a beginner driver?

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 36 comments
She had a spin in the Mini cooper on Dragon Trail seaside (I figured she'd like the scenery) earlier and sort of liked it but lost interest after about 10 minutes.
Hell, I'd lose interest fast too not racing but bumbling around in a Mini. My GF can't drive for shizzle either (and HATES everything about cars)... still, every now and then she wants to have a go and... can handle anything. Even Lewis Hamilton's business car. It's a simulation. 4 year old kids play with it. Best advice above was to put her in a Porsche, no matter which. Crank up the volume. See her smile...

So, any updates on your better half's progression?
(I've got mine to watch SENNA last night. After years of trying. 'Been in her ears about Ayrton Senna this, Ayrton that for ages. Finally, yesterday, she goes: "I think we can watch that, umm, Ayatollah Senna? film tonight...")

My recommendation for the beginner's car of choice is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final Edition, and well, as a matter of fact, any of the Mitsubishi Lancer models are fantastic beginner's cars. It's all thanks to their AYC technology, which makes pushing the cars very forgiving. You can stomp on the pedal out of many corners that pretty much any other car will spin out on, at least for the normal car anyway. You may not be able to get away with that with the Gr.B (including the Road Car variant), Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, but those are still solid and stable rides as well.

It's best not to get too comfortable with it, especially if you'll be transitioning into some much more difficult cars to conquer, but if it's one of your very first times out on the tarmac in GT Sport, then it's a solid choice.

How about the Toyota 86 GRMN? Check out my series. We use that car but much lighter and on softer tires so you can get more out of it but still only around 200 HP so not much wheel spin. More about learning your lines and staying consistent and that car compliments those things well. Link in my sig

Latest Posts

Back