Easiest way to break in your engine??

ControlledAnger
Im not looking for a answer like "drive your car alot". I want specific best way in the amount of time it takes, to break in an engine fully.

also do i wait untill about 200 miles to change oil or change every few until then to break it in?

It just takes a few races to reach peak HP after changing oil. Change oil when you see a drop in HP.

Ok so this is close to the exact response i didnt want.

Im looking for specifics. Best tracks, best amount of miles, and overall sequence (multiple oil changes or just 1)

Drive your car anywhere for 200 miles and change your oil.

from there, keep driving until you see a loss in HP and that's when you change your oil again.

Repeat for all brand new cars or cars with just fresh engine in it.

/thread

In real life drive the CRAP out of it for the first few miles, never at the same RPM, floor it to accelerate and let it engine brake all the way down. In the game...just drive it till the horsepower goes up?

just drive the car..there is no best way, if your honestly that concerned about the time it takes to do it buy an airfilter and make up the hp there, ta-da.

300k Grand Valley in b-spec endurance (1st race) then one oil change and you're all set.

(i have Tsukuba on the brain with the seasonal tt :dunce:)

Last edited:
Go to the Grand Valley 300k b spec event walk away and come back to a fully broken in engine. That is the easiest way to do it with out any work.

Another vote for the first B-Spec Enduro.
Although it is at Grand Valley, not Tsukuba as the poster above stated. Tsukuba is the 9 hour race.

If this helps, the moment i get the car (or the first time i take it out) after all the modifications, i take it into practice mode, turn off all damage and just have some fun with it. Do some donuts, attempt my version of "drifting" (a.k.a. slide till i spin or crash), do a couple drag races, go around the actual course maybe once... the whole fun shabang of killing your car.

I do this for about 20 to 30 minutes and your engine is slightly broken in at this point. I wouldn't say fully broken in, but you notice a drop of hp of about 3 to 8, depending on how long you do it, and i do my oil change after that and it is good to go racing!

quickest and most fun way of doing it IMO.

Back