Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• I don't like any of them

• Total voters
United States
USA
Hello fellow GTPlanet members. I've just recently finished Gran Turismo 3s Simulation mode, at 99.0% because I've yet to do the arcade mode time trials. I've decided that I want to have a little fun, so I've done some looking in eBay and found a nice little Action Replay for PS2. Yet, I don't know what kind it is and what it exactly does, and I can't find any information about it. Can someone chime in and help me decide if this is an okay one to buy? I could buy a GameShark but I wanted something different. Thanks!

(Picture of disc.)
IMG_0642.PNG

Looks like a regular AR disc. Try getting the AR Max Edition with a USB Drive, and download GT3gEdit via computer to get hybrids to work well. Also, you're going to need the PS2 Save Builder too.

Sorry to bump and double post. I've had a GameShark before and it was a real blast to use on Gran Turismo 3. I found one for a nice price and decided to buy it.

Also, about that Action Replay... I had already purchased it BEFORE asking anything about it, and it turns out it requires the cartridge, so the $9 disc was rendered useless. I'm going to turn around and sell it. For like, 50¢.

Anyway, I found what I really wanted!

IMG_0645.PNG

And let me tell you how I found and bought this thing. I just dug it out from the bottom of the search results, and it was up for bid starting at $13.00 + $2.67 shipping. It was verrrry close to the end, like three hours close. So I set an alarm on my phone, so I could bid on it before anyone else was able to find it and bid too high.

IMG_0646.JPG

I was just about to bid $13.00 when there was a minute and a half later when... "buyer doesn't have a linked PayPal account." I proceed to go online and fix it - I did. By the time I fixed it, The was two seconds left. It was too late.

So I asked the gal to repost it for $15, BUY IT NOW!

Yay, she did it!

Anyway, I'm done.

Good old Action Replay! :cheers:

I remember 10 years ago, I tried to access Hidden stuff / Hybrids but it never worked for me, although I enjoyed the Time Freezer and other codes which work and were so much fun! :D

Nice, congrats! Have you made any hybrids with your GameShark?

Only thing I've done so far is use the 99,999,999 credit cheat to buy basically all of the powerful race cars. The Suzuki Escudo has 1860hp after an expensive turbocharger upgrade and an oil change, but after I used the HP Boost code it now has 93,000hp. It runs 740mph around the corners on the test track and during the wheelie it usually hits 12,750mph.

I'm not sure how to make a true hybrid with the 'shark. Can you throw me some pointers? I do want to have different vehicle parts on one car.

Only thing I've done so far is use the 99,999,999 credit cheat to buy basically all of the powerful race cars. The Suzuki Escudo has 1860hp after an expensive turbocharger upgrade and an oil change, but after I used the HP Boost code it now has 93,000hp. It runs 740mph around the corners on the test track and during the wheelie it usually hits 12,750mph.

I'm not sure how to make a true hybrid with the 'shark. Can you throw me some pointers? I do want to have different vehicle parts on one car.
Can your GameShark use any USB to transfer your saves? If that's possible you can make some cool hybrids using GT3gEdit. A application to where you can hybrid your Garage cars. It's a GTP users favorite app to use, even if you're not on your old PS2 (like I am).

Can your GameShark use any USB to transfer your saves? If that's possible you can make some cool hybrids using GT3gEdit. A application to where you can hybrid your Garage cars. It's a GTP users favorite app to use, even if you're not on your old PS2 (like I am).

I have an original PS2 system, and the GameShark is the GameShark 2 Version 5, so I believe it has that function to transfer saves... but how do I do it? Anytime I look something up about it all I get is eBay listings and code lists, no help pages. I'd love to try and use GT3gEdit. I've heard so much about it!

I have an original PS2 system, and the GameShark is the GameShark 2 Version 5, so I believe it has that function to transfer saves... but how do I do it? Anytime I look something up about it all I get is eBay listings and code lists, no help pages. I'd love to try and use GT3gEdit. I've heard so much about it!
You're going to need a FAT32 Flash Drive and put that into your old PS2, then transfer your save to your PC. Use the PS2 Save Builder to convert it to a usable save for the application, which then you can learn about the program. Also, the application holds the data of all Sample Cars and secret cars like the 911 (966) GT3.

You're going to need a FAT32 Flash Drive and put that into your old PS2, then transfer your save to your PC. Use the PS2 Save Builder to convert it to a usable save for the application, which then you can learn about the program. Also, the application holds the data of all Sample Cars and secret cars like the 911 (966) GT3.

Okay, I have a 32GB Fat 32 format Sandisk USB, so I guess I insert it after the GameShark boots, then I go to memory manager, then I transfer to USB, then I open it with the save builder on my laptop, then I can open it within GT3gEdit, right? Am I missing anything?

Okay, I have a 32GB Fat 32 format Sandisk USB, so I guess I insert it after the GameShark boots, then I go to memory manager, then I transfer to USB, then I open it with the save builder on my laptop, then I can open it within GT3gEdit, right? Am I missing anything?
Nope, you should be good to go.

New Post! Apparently my GameShark 2 Version 5 cannot transfer saves unless it is updated, but it simply can't be updated because it's 2017 and those websites no longer exist. I'm going to buy this!
IMG_0666.PNG

Back