EDITED: GT for PSP finally confirmed for spring 2006

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 15 comments
  • 1,276 views

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Messages
4,004
Croatia
Croatia
I know this belongs to GT Mobile sub-forum, but this is intresting info that should be shared in this bigger and more visited main forum.

So, newest info from Japan is that GT game for PSP console (so far reffered as "GT Mobile") has been delayed until undisclosed release during 2006.

This is the first news about "GT Mobile" in last 6 months, since no info from Sony has mentioned a word about this game for more then half year now.
 
amar212
I know this belongs to GT Mobile sub-forum, but this is intresting info that should be shared in this bigger and more visited main forum.

So, newest info from Japan is that GT game for PSP console (so far reffered as "GT Mobile") has been delayed until undisclosed release during 2006.

This is the first news about "GT Mobile" in last 6 months, since no info from Sony has mentioned a word about this game for more then half year now.

Good to hear you're still alive Amar 👍 Too bad it had to be bad news this time :irked:
 
i no, i 've got a psp and i really wont it on the psp because i have got used to the psp so much, i cant play GT4 like i used to be able to! its because i'm not used to the controller, on the psp i use the direction buttons (i cant use the psp analog) and on the ps2 controller i use the analog stick
 
amar212
I know this belongs to GT Mobile sub-forum, but this is intresting info that should be shared in this bigger and more visited main forum.

So, newest info from Japan is that GT game for PSP console (so far reffered as "GT Mobile") has been delayed until undisclosed release during 2006.

This is the first news about "GT Mobile" in last 6 months, since no info from Sony has mentioned a word about this game for more then half year now.
This is a joke right?

I'm sorry but PD have got to start working to a deadline. This is getting rediculous.
 
Thanks for keeping us bang up to date Amar212 👍... even if it is bad news... :indiff: I've copied (not moved) this thread into the GT4 Mobile forum too, just for completeness.

It is strange that a title that would presumably be considered a flagship title for the console should be postponed by so much. The only reason I'd buy/want a PSP is to be able to play GT4 on it...
 
Well, I guess there are more then few reasons for delaying.

First, launching GT game for PSP without enough consoles in installed-base is much-less a waiste - having it done when base reaches like 20 mills will ensure instant sale of millions of copies. So far, 10 mills PSP's has been shipped worldwide, and Sony stressed that they expect another 10M in the end of 2005 holliday season.

Also, Sony is probably "protecting" other racing titles for being over-saled by GT, ensuring them a nice piece of income in the first period of PSP's "life" - once when GT Mobile reach the shelves, I guess no other PSP racing game will be taken seriousely.

Third, PD has a lots of other jobs to do. As a relatively small developer (as I know, less then 100 people work in PD), theyhave to ensure propper allocation of workflow - some people have been working on Tourist Trophy (out on 31st December in Japan), while majotiry of stuff is probably very busy with next-gen GT game. Which does not leave them much space for PSP game.

It's worth to mention that so-called "GT Mobile" has been changed in process, due to some Kaz's statement in last 12 month - in the first announcements, "GT Mobile" should have been the same game as GT4. Lately, he stated they've changed the "nature and focus" of the project, focusing it on multiplayer aspects and making some changes in gameplay in compare to existising GT games. Some sources even speculated that PSP GT will be some kind of crossover product between GT and something that Kaz reffered to as "GT For Boys" before the Japnese release of GT4 in December of 2004.

However, after those information no word came out about "GT Mobile" and this is the first news in last 6 months about this very game.
 
And here is the big news.

Tokyo, 10th January 2006.

Polyphony Digital has announced that GT Mobile for PSP is scheduled for Japanese release during spring 2006.

Tisi is the first news of GTM in last 8 months and we can expect more informations in weeks to come.
 
I don't know how much I'm interested in GT4 for the PSP. Not to be a wheel snob or anything, but at the very least I was always a dual analog sticks guy. I'm never very convinced by driving games with a D-pad or keyboard, despite the fact that many button-masher people can kick me to the curb with them.
 
amar212
And here is the big news.

Tokyo, 10th January 2006.

Polyphony Digital has announced that GT Mobile for PSP is scheduled for Japanese release during spring 2006.

Tisi is the first news of GTM in last 8 months and we can expect more informations in weeks to come.

Thanks very very Much Amar - And as always - Good to see you're still alive 👍
 
Duke
I don't know how much I'm interested in GT4 for the PSP. Not to be a wheel snob or anything, but at the very least I was always a dual analog sticks guy. I'm never very convinced by driving games with a D-pad or keyboard, despite the fact that many button-masher people can kick me to the curb with them.

The PSP has a mini-analog-stick. It takes some time getting used to -- it's quite small, and slides around instead of tilting -- but it actually works pretty well.

Ridge Racer for the PSP is one of the absolute best racing games ever made. :scared:
 
amar212
Tourist Trophy (out on 31st December in Japan)

Huh?! TT is out in Japan already? I never heard that before.


Thanks for the news, Amar.
 
Ebiggs
Huh?! TT is out in Japan already? I never heard that before.
Thanks for the news, Amar.

Date I've posted next to TT was written down in October. TT is now rescheduled for Feb.
 
joseph dobson
i no, i 've got a psp and i really wont it on the psp because i have got used to the psp so much, i cant play GT4 like i used to be able to! its because i'm not used to the controller, on the psp i use the direction buttons (i cant use the psp analog) and on the ps2 controller i use the analog stick
hah. i dont use the psp analog either. its so uncomfortable. maybe ill get used to it eventually =\
 
amar212
And here is the big news.

Tokyo, 10th January 2006.

Polyphony Digital has announced that GT Mobile for PSP is scheduled for Japanese release during spring 2006.


Source please?
 
Back