Eiger 550PP (Ferrari 512BB?) - xx:10 / :30 / :50

• Thread starter Alan_G
  • 13 comments
Bugman_27
There's a lot of talk about Eiger 550PP in the 'Boring Race Events' thread, so I think it needs a thread.

A few of us have done some very enjoyable races with the classic Ferrari 512BB. I've also tried out the Lotus 111R, Clio and BMW 135i. Maybe some people would be interested in doing some races on this circuit with these cars?

The Fuji and HSR events are good fun sometimes. But for me, the overkill slipstream kind of ruins it. You can do a perfect final sector gaining a 1+ second lead, and it's gone by the end of the straight! Similarly, you can make a mess of the final corner, and still easily close up on the car(s) in front. And introduce a particular German punter to the equation, who benefits greatly from this slipstream, allowing him to constantly stay with the pack and be a nuisance.

In Eiger, if you drive fast you get rewarded with a gap that you won't helplessly hand away on the straights. And the only way to catch a car in front is by having a genuinely quick pace in free-air. It's also a very nice circuit, especially the right-left out of the tunnel; knife-edge stuff sometimes if you really push the Ferrari.

Last edited:
I agree,

Eiger races are generally great, close nit races, where i have nearly always had a laugh playing friends and online.....even if it does get hampered by connection issues and some dirty drivers.....rough with the smooth i suppose!

Im in, if I can match. I`ll have to buy a 512bb, Ive read that its a great car to drive in the game I`ve just never got round to it.

What times are you thinking?

Did a few races here tonight...and boy is the 512 a joy to drive around Eiger :sly:

I used my Suzuka 512 tune and managed a 1'11.917 in free air. I'm sure a few more tenths could be knocked off with some revisements to the tune and more practice though.

We also got bored and started jumping over cars at the crest right after the start/finish line...it was pretty funny/cool to watch :lol:

I used my Suzuka 512 tune and managed a 1'11.917 in free air. I'm sure a few more tenths could be knocked off with some revisements to the tune and more practice though.

1'11.9 is quick. Well done. Can I ask what car setup you were running for that?

I've been using the Clio a bit also. Finally got into the 1'10s (after around ten 1'11.0xx laps over a few races!). I'm sure a bit of time can be knocked off it. Some time can probably be found with the gearing.

Here's the tune I used....not sure if it's my Fuji tune or Suzuka tune :dunce: :lol:

Like I said before, it's probably far from perfect for this track but I still managed a 1'11.9 if that means anything. Also, when I did the 1'11.9 I had thrown on S2's on the front with increased power, as we were trying to jump the cars out of boredom (wanted a bit extra power). Seems like S2 or S3 in the front is pretty equal in terms of lap times...although a S2 in the front might be easier to drive possibly. Maybe one of these days I will try to get this thing tuned properly for this track and let you know how I do 👍

S3/S3

-30/-30
8/8
7/8
-.11/.00
2.0/2.3
8/6

turning angle 50

final 3.595

Last edited:
Is 1:13.402 slow in the 111R ?

I really dont know how to tune properly so all i did was use S3/R1 combo and lazily alter some gear ratios. I got beat by a clio in the race previous. :(

Aren't those times done with the tuned version in reverse? Roh, Use r1/r1 with weight 111% and tighten up the rear with toe and/or camber. You should be able to run 11's or 12's. I've hit quite a few 10's.

Jukka and I tried this on N3s with max power and min weight (549PP), now THAT was a hoot :)

All the best
Maz

Aren't those times done with the tuned version in reverse? Roh, Use r1/r1 with weight 111% and tighten up the rear with toe and/or camber. You should be able to run 11's or 12's. I've hit quite a few 10's.

Thanks for the tip arora. I changed my tires and weight, added a little toe and manged a 1:12.7xx.

Still not happy though. I cant be leaving 2 seconds out there due to lack of talent surely! :ill:

Would you mind sharing your full tune with us? I think my gearing is where i'm losing the most time, but subtle chassis tweaks are beyond me as well so i could be letting myself down there too. Really need to learn tuning properly, its starting to let me down.

On a side note. Had a blast with a friend in the Evora around here. I love how tight the track is, you have to really create overtake oppertunitys. I scored an awesome one on the outside into turn one. I was stoked! Pressuring you opponent into a mistake is satifying too.

Try this roh,

Use r1/r1 and 111%, raise the front spring untill it's more stable, then increase both camber values keeping the rear # higher. Once you start driving consistant change the final drive so the car redlines in 4th at the end of the back straight. Good luck 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3329034&postcount=332

Thanks for the advice mate.. I got to have another go with this the other night and i managed to take another second off my lap time 1:11.7xx. Now when I'm in the event there isnt much i cant keep up with. Apart from those bloody clios!

Last edited:
Back