Eiger Mountain Replay

• Thread starter ddldave
  • 14 comments
by looking at how twitchy his turning is he's probably driving with a controller... if he was driving with a wheel it probably sounds much better. with a controller you tend to brake a whole lot harder than you would in real life or with a wheel and so the tire squeeling sounds tend to be a whole lot more exagerated... i noticed this in almost all racing game with a conroller since you can't modulate your brake input quite as easily.... it's pretty much just on or off... no matter how hard you try. overall i am very pleased with the new tire sounds in gt5p final. they actually sound like you have some grip rather than sounding as though you've completely lost all grip at every slight turn which didn't coincide with the handling of the car. the pitch is now spot on and they sound like real rubber. i also like how they seem to have modeled the squeel coming differently from each of the four tires rather than 1 single grip sound in past games which used to sound like all tires are spinning at the same speed and have all the same grip. they seem to have fixed the engine sounds too... somewhat... some cars sounds are more like their real life counterparts than others... and then some of them sound as though they are wholly computer generated and artificial.. not recordings. overall they are a VAST improvement over the past.

Has anyone noticed how at 1:45, entering the main 'straight', the car gets tapped from the right, and the huge difference over GT4 and even the GT5P's demo?

Not only it sounded good, but the shaking and slight tilting of the car looked great as well.

Why is it always the case that the people in these videos can't drive?

Why is it always the case that the people in these videos can't drive?
There's always a small learning curve in new GT games. And if they don't know the track yet they may be taken by surprise on some turns.

Of course, I've always thought that if I was going to make a video I would make sure I had a clean run and then possibly even one where I actually won the race.

my ears are bleeding severally... god i hope they change those tire sounds... However, the whole cockpit view looks exquisite. Very well made, smooth and the shifting hand is a very nice touch. Attention to detail is PD's specialty!

my ears are bleeding severally... god i hope they change those tire sounds... However, the whole cockpit view looks exquisite. Very well made, smooth and the shifting hand is a very nice touch. Attention to detail is PD's specialty!

agree.... too loud! hopefully we'll find an adjustment :indiff: as for the cockpit view.... love it!! others have complained about the hand movements and lack of 900deg rotation of the steering wheel!! to be honest i like it the way it is because it's not too distracting! but hey that's just my opinion.. no matter what they will never keep everyone happy!

Back