Eiger Nordwand loading error

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whitestar
  • 6 comments
  • 2,787 views

Whitestar

Premium
Messages
2,114
Norway
Norway
Messages
Whitestar127
Been a while since I did any racing on the Eiger Nordwand short track. Yesterday I fired up GT5 to do a drift session there. But the game seems to come to a halt in the loading screen.

The music on the loading screen was a bit jerky (small gaps of about 1/50 of a second (guessing)). And you know when the loading bar is almost at the end you always hear the sound of the car you have selected? Well, no such sound. The bar reached 100% and then nothing happened. The jerky music continued to play and the loading screen was still there.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced something similar? Will I have to reinstall the game? I sure hope there is nothing wrong with my savegame.

Btw I have a habit of leaving the game disc in the PS3 when I turn it off. Does that matter at all?
 
I experienced something similar but it was with Need For Speed: Shift. Donington Park wouldn't load for some reason. It always hung up like you're describing. I just deleted the install data and reinstalled the game and it fixed it.
 
Btw I have a habit of leaving the game disc in the PS3 when I turn it off. Does that matter at all?

Shouldn't make a difference mate :)
 
you might need to clean the disc. Sounds like it. Hopefully u dont have a scratch on there.
 
As stormbringer said, double check that you haven't got a fingerprint on the disc - I had issues with CoD not loading up some maps, turned out the disc had got some prints on it - a quick clean with a soft cloth and it went back to working perfectly.
 
I had this problem with Tsukuba. Wouldn't load no matter what i did. It's nothing to do with the disc. It's the install data bcoming corrupted. Delete it and reinstall it (both done via the in game menu) :) All will be golden. :)
 
Aha! So I won't have to reinstall the game + all the updates? (Pheeew!)

I'll check the disc first just in case. If that doesn't do it I'll reinstall data.
Thanks a lot everyone.
(and thanks for brilliant S13 drift tune settings, TwinturboCH ;))
 
Back