Eiger Nordwand Observation

  • Thread starter Thread starter HuygensHeroes
  • 10 comments
  • 1,789 views
Messages
103
Messages
HuygensHeroes
Does this seem realistic?
I did the FF seasonal Eiger race with a completely stock (well actually I painted the wheels black :dopey:) Focus ST '06 I had just bought from the dealer and on the last lap I noticed I got a 1:17:6xx, and that included some gratuitous bumping and grinding with the lead car if I remember correctly. I realized I probably could have easily done a lap under 1:17. So how could it be that much harder to do with a FR 450hp 8C with almost twice the power/weight ratio for that tedious Grand Tour event?
Is it down to the tires or what do you think accounts for the increased difficulty? Does it say in that event somewhere what tires the 8C is using?
Did anyone else notice it was much quicker to get around Eiger in a FF in this event?
 
The Focus is much better suited to Eiger Nordwand than the 8C is. The 8C is huge and clumsy by comparison.
 
I think you're right when you mention the tires Huygen.

I've got an 8C with sport soft tires (everything else stock and untuned) and it drives really nicely. A far cry from the one in the Grand Tour.
 
The Focus is much better suited to Eiger Nordwand than the 8C is. The 8C is huge and clumsy by comparison.

I understand that difference, but still it seems like there's enough of some straight areas on Eiger where the 8C should just be sprinting away from the Focus. Seemed like it should be making up some good time there. Guess I could just compare some replays and see if that explains anything.
 
What tires did the Focus have? The event propably uses Sport hards.
 
With the 8C in Grand Tour, you would be doing a standing start. That added a few seconds.
 
If the power isn't getting to the ground it's not going to be able to utilize it, it's most definitely the tires + the standing start.
 
With the 8C in Grand Tour, you would be doing a standing start. That added a few seconds.

Good call, I completely forgot about that. Actually if you take that into account it's really not so unbelievable at all that the times are similar. That last lap in the focus I probably flew by the starting line at least 85-90mph while the 8C would just be sitting there spinning it's wheels going nowhere for the next 2 seconds...
💡
 
Last edited:
tried for over an hour last night to gold the 8C grand tour event, still about a second away :(
Jeremy Clarkson was right, its one of the best looking cars ever, but my god is it awful to drive!
 
tried for over an hour last night to gold the 8C grand tour event, still about a second away :(
Jeremy Clarkson was right, its one of the best looking cars ever, but my god is it awful to drive!

Dude, check this video out, I had major issues with the 8C challenge, but after watching this one, I golded it first try.

video
 
Apart from the standing start, the 8C will be losing a lot of time around the hairpins compared to the Focus, and the fast bend after the tunnel.
 
Back