• Thread starter GTP_Cobra
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
Nottingham/UK
GTP_Cobra
Hi guys I'm having problems with...

B-3 - Evo IX GSR at Eiger Nordwand Forward
A-3 - BMW M3 Coupe at Eiger Nordwand Reverse

I'd sure be happy and very greatful, if someone could give me some tips or advise on how to get gold on these events, or maybe even a replay of the events getting gold.

I only have silvers in both.

My game Progress so far... Cars 70/71 Golds 38/40

Still awaiting that F2007

But again id be thankful for your help on this matter, ive checked the site and couldn't find no help.

Cobra

standard physics and active steering on mild, try some slipstreaming, but is not necassary (at least on A-3)

here are vids i put on youtube. all can be found at http://uk.youtube.com/user/gt5pp
have done all in standard, manual with all assists off. have done 2 replays for each event 1 showing normal cockpit view and another showing bumper cam and with driving line turned on to help u see line to take easier.

B3

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDd-XCdbGA
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pEfsjKS0dBI

A3

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhEqiWc57g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9yAJxogeuGU

wont let me display vid just get blank screen whn press youtube button?

I still have these two babies to gold, but I am trying to take my time (no rush) and play with lots of cars as I go, but my thanks as I will need this thread later. I think the Eiger TTs may be my nemesis. I am close on B3, but way off on A3 and I am leaving them for now.

I don't play with Standard Physics. Ever. Are those two races impossible with pro?

I would just like to get silver but I think it's impossible. But I suspect a good drifter could get silver.

Has anyone ever gotten silver using pro physics?

i dont normally play standard i have done most on pro but not b-3 and a-3. most ppl asking for help on event are normally doing in standard mode hence why all vids are in standard. will no doubt try to do in pro mode but was gonna have proper go when get g25 and playseat cos will be very hard with pad.

Thanks to all of you for your input, ill try these out and hopefully they will get me all golds..

I did silvers on B-3 and A-3 on pro setting, but gonna have to switch to standard for gold :(

I'm behind .400 with the evo and a full second with the BMW but no rush i guess.

Seems this track is my Nemesis.....

EDIT:
Great news i have completed B-3 and A-3 thanks to your guys help.YAY!

57/57 Golds and just the F2007 to buy and ill have 100% Complete

Hope this tread comes in useful for furture GT racers!

again thank you!

Cobra

Congrats Cobra. I am resisting the inclination to just dive in and focus on golding everything asap and nothing else. I am having fun with many of the cars. eg I have golded all the S events using a different car for each and no Lotus, due to the pre-patch setup.

standard physics and active steering on mild, try some slipstreaming, but is not necassary (at least on A-3)

Good man 👍
I just used mild steering for the first time on S-8 and hence finished off all S golds. Now only the Eiger TTs left, but thanks for the suggestion I had not used active steering so far. If anyone wants to know for S-8 I had TCS = 1 and ASM off.

Good man 👍
Now only the Eiger TTs left, but thanks for the suggestion I had not used active steering so far

Best of luck buddy...not so hard once u get in the swing of things i used standard phycis and mild steering, and also helped watching replays and catching ghosts set by people. to get the braking points right and that sorta thing

Still about 1.5 seconds away from the gold on each trial.

Will keep watching your vids, gt5pp. They showcase some very nice driving. Even with my DFP I can't throw the cars around the track that smoothly.

Hi,

I have the same problems -unable to get gold on B-3 and A-3. I'm trying for more than a year now... :) I'm using pro physics, no driving assists, TC on 0 for evo and 1 for BMW. I don't intend to change those settings. I'm using sixaxis controller, I don't have racing wheel.
Any useful tips how to shave off some time? Eiger is tricky little track, where sticking to ideal racing line with minimal skidding is crucial. There is possible to gain some time crashing in back of other cars for quick braking or in A-3 with fence riding after the tunnel but that's cheating - I want to drive as clean as possible. Also, M3 understeers like crazy - I'm either slow or drifting. Any tips on taming this beast with controller?

Hi,

I have the same problems -unable to get gold on B-3 and A-3. I'm trying for more than a year now... :) I'm using pro physics, no driving assists, TC on 0 for evo and 1 for BMW. I don't intend to change those settings. I'm using sixaxis controller, I don't have racing wheel.
Any useful tips how to shave off some time? Eiger is tricky little track, where sticking to ideal racing line with minimal skidding is crucial. There is possible to gain some time crashing in back of other cars for quick braking or in A-3 with fence riding after the tunnel but that's cheating - I want to drive as clean as possible. Also, M3 understeers like crazy - I'm either slow or drifting. Any tips on taming this beast with controller?

I meant to write that M3 oversteers, of course.

Back