El Capitan 1.6L or under

• Thread starter bigrosten
  • 23 comments
I would ike to see what kinds of times people can post around El Capitan (forward) in any street car with 1.6L of displacement or less. Any tuning, including nitrous is alowed but the car must be a street car. Keep tires to s3 or less. Times will be on the honour system (you can post pictures or video if you want). I will be posting my best time on May 7th.
Good Luck.

You'll probably want to make some kind of exception for rotary engines (e.g. count them as 50% more than their actual displacement), otherwise a tuned-up RX-7 or RX-8 will be at a big advantage :D

good call on that i forgot about those sneaky rotaries. Usually when racing they are counted as double the displacement so they would be a 2.6. Thanks for reminding me. no rotaries.

Sounds fun, I'll post my results up in a day or two. Because i'm too lazy, ill use a stock car to compete:dopey:

It'll be interesting to see what turns out for this. My money's on the Lotus Elan, but I'm sure we'll see a few Spoon Civics and Shigeno Trueno's on the grid. The little Ginetta will be quick too, not to mention the MX-5/Miata.

Edit: Just noticed they don't show engine capacity for either the Spoon or the Shigeno :( so they're probably disqualified....

A few cars stand out in my eyes...

Sprinter Trueno '83
Suzuki sx-4
Miata 1600 nr-a
Caterham Fireblade 7

Those are all great choices for this race. 👍
Also, because those choices are all so nice, I can't guess which will win. :confused:

bigrosten
I would ike to see what kinds of times people can post around El Capitan (forward) in any street car with 1.6L of displacement or less. Any tuning, including nitrous is alowed but the car must be a street car. Keep tires to s3 or less. Times will be on the honour system (you can post pictures or video if you want). I will be posting my best time on May 7th.
Good Luck.

Thanks for the invite bigrosten:tup:

Seems like a fun idea, although might be an idea to create a division for FF,FR,MR perhaps?

Having a go with a certain FF hatch that I just quite fancied driving anyway.

regards

David

sounds like loads of fun! El Capitan is one of my favourites anyway. I think I shall concentrate on Toyota MR2'86, the N/A one. that thing owns on that track..

Wow! That Caterham is one quick little car! With just an oil change and transmission mods ('box, clutch and flywheel), it put in a 1'53.318"!

Ok, there's our starting point, ladies and gents. Start your engines....

Alright all tuning goes? 1.6 L or under? hmmmm...A little Kei could work for fun... ;) Let see what I can do :) --- Randy :dopey:

Here's a more serious attempt:

Lotus Elan S1 '62 (210PS):

Racing exhaust;
Chip;
S2 tyres;
Stage 2 turbo;
Racing suspension (default settings)
F/C trans(auto setting 12)
Full race clutch and flywheel;
No driving aids;
Port polish;
Engine balancing;
Stage 2 weight reduction;
Stiffness;
Oil change.

1'50.297"

When you say "street" does that mean no prototypes, such as the Suzuki GSX-R4 and the Mitsubishi Tarmac thing? Both would be quick...

FastEddie12
When you say "street" does that mean no prototypes, such as the Suzuki GSX-R4 and the Mitsubishi Tarmac thing? Both would be quick...

I want to know this too because the GSX-R/4 can wipe the floor with 400+HP cars:scared:.

And now I realize how much more progression there is to be made in my driving. Full tuned NA trueno 241 hp managed a time of 1'51.252.(after my nitrous had run out doing brake stands... so no nitrous on this lap) My hats off to you guys. Now I need to go and get faster. Would like to see if anyone else uses the corrolla and what times they get. Im off to try and get a better time now.

bigrosten
And now I realize how much more progression there is to be made in my driving. Full tuned NA trueno 241 hp managed a time of 1'51.252.(after my nitrous had run out doing brake stands... so no nitrous on this lap) My hats off to you guys. Now I need to go and get faster. Would like to see if anyone else uses the corrolla and what times they get. Im off to try and get a better time now.

Have a time for you with a N/A corrolla. 1'48.598 no NOS. I had a 85 GT-S coupe for years before it was stolen. It was had a lot of mods. Fun car.

PM'd Big rosten, and he allows the demon little GSX-R to take part:

Suzuki GSX-R4, no NOS, 262PS, no wings, 1'45.221

cant wait till i get home from work. im gonna run my Honda Civic Type R, and a Caterham. i never ran one of those. i'll edit in my times later....👍

Back