My Car-Suzuki GSX-R/4-only wing added w/15 downforce both ends

Competition:
  1. Lotus Motorsport Elise-In that horrible Lime Green
  2. Shelby Series One Supercharged
  3. Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
  4. TVR Cerbera Speed Six
  5. TVR T350C
  6. Suzuki GSX-R/4

My Suzuki revs slowly, and the numbers on my HUD in the helmets shrink slowly to Zero. I launch perfectly, but due to my horsepower and torque disadvantage, see everyone pull away. I attempt to hold the slipstream, up to the kink in the straight, where the Mercedes does a kamikaze brake check, and I hit the wall in taking evasive action. But, coming up to the big 180 degree corner, I drag my Suzuki up to 3rd place.

Coming up to the sand trap area, my excellent brakes and light weight allow me to pass everyone under braking, and I take first place.

But it's lost again as the cold tyres take their wrath-I lose control under braking and fly over the red bricks at the first hairpin and the bottom of the track map, shifting my position down to third. But it's taken straight back over the bridge, and held there.

Lap 2-13
Nothing mcuh happens between now and then, until people start to pit. The Mercedes, which easily had the most torque to put to the ground, and therefore the most tyre wear, does something remarkable. It doesn't pit. Both TVRs and the Shelby dive into the pits for a fill and change, letting the Merc take third. The Shelby comes out last, needing to take on more fuel. Cerbera second, T350C first. Nothing then happens of interest for the next two laps, apart from the Merc diving into the pits for its refresh of tires and fuel.

Positions as of lap 15:
Suzuki GSX-R/4
Lotus Motor Sport Elise
TVR T350C
TVR Cerbera Speed Six
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
Shelby Series One Supercharged

The Lotus pits lap 16, and doesn't lose it's position, but comes close. I then pit lap 18, only taking on tyres, because fuel was at least 3/4 full, because of a spin on the steep hill.

I then lap the Mercedes on lap 20, through the tunnel. The Shelby is soon followed on the pit straight. Nothing then happens of note for the next 10 laps, apart from a pit by the Merc and the Shelby and lap 31. On lap 34, my fuel drops below half, and the Lotus pits in. I follow lap 36 taking on 10 litres of fuel and new tyres. The TVRs aren't doing anything of note, although the Cerbera has a problem with the second hairpin on the bottom part of the map, occaisonally overturning and bashing the apex wall, causing it to spin. I lap both of the British monsters on lap 40. The Merc crashes into the pit barrier on lap 42 on it's attempt to pit in, letting the Lotus lap it with ease. The Shelby and both TVRs pit on lap 45, the Shelby coming out ahead of both Brits.

The Lotus obviously was on the defensive, pitting lap 50. I managed to pit lap 54, taking on enough fuel for 12 laps of calm, controlled driving. This resulted in the dullest 12 laps, in which I simply lapped the Lotus. Nil happened. I was so alone that as I passed the finish line, everyone else was on the back end of the map.

Final Standing:
Suzuki GSX-R/4 2:05.xxx
Lotus Motor Sport Elise
Shelby Series One Supercharged
TVR Cerbera Speed Six
TVR T350C
Mercedes SL65AMG

Best Lap:1.48.579

Great work! I've heard nothing but good things about the little GSX-R/4, I'll have to drive it sometime. Now that you know the course and competition a bit better, will you have another go at this race sometime?

Sounds like you had fun right up until the last session where things became a little routine. 👍
You should give this another go but take off the wing from your Suzuki, it seems that little car has the guts to stomp on the overpowered AI even in stock, unmodified form! ;)

Will take all your thoughts into account guys, thanks for the feedback on my very first report!

Back