Electric Vehicles in GT Sport

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 28 comments
Australia
Australia
Just read a post in the General Thread, about Sony's EV concept.
This is ironic. Went through the GTS car list and not one Japanese electric car on the list. Not a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. Plenty of hybrids though. Plus, Prius and Leaf have been available for years. Yet, below:

1 USA
3 Germany
1 UK

I'm bringing this up because I get more intrigued by EVs each day. Can I come to enjoy these cars in Gran Turismo Sport? Will I enjoy them moving forward to future GT games?

Using the current cars in GTS, it's like playing slot cars with a miniature camera attached to the cars. Just not as noisy as the the *schlick schlick* sound on a real life slot car track.

Anyway, with the probable release of Formula E in Gran Turismo, future VGTs, racing projects from Hyundai, Nissan, many EV road cars from various manufacturers, would EVs grow in popularity among the GT community?

Last edited:
Well that video with Kaz and Igor shows that they are welcoming of the coming EV takeover.

I think living in Australia its abundantly clear that people should be moving over to EVs.

But unless you're about to come up with some kind of compact SUV for aud$30-$40k that has something like 300-400km range then it isnt happening.

GT Sport does itself no favours by sectioning EVs into Gr.X - so I bought a Taycan for $200k.. who cares if its running by itself.

True to form Japan is a big ICE company and is very very behind the ball as far as PHEVs go - I do get that Prius has been at it since 1998 or so but their thing with hydrogen and other reasons means we may not be seeing any serious EV from Japan for a while.

I dont like the Leaf but that ENV200 looks good if you're cool with a van and a mere 180miles 300km.

maxresdefault.jpg

I just did a couple round trips from Newcastle to Sydney and back, 292kms. Also, seen a few Teslas around my neighbourhood, but Sydney has plenty Teslas on the road. I've seen a few Model 3s on the Hunter Expressway doing over 110km/h, passing cars.

That Sony Vision will do well to showcase technology. However, this community would benefit from more awareness of the racing programs. Maybe a couple EV FIA Nations races and some type of hyper mile GT League events.

Mate, Teslas all over Syd. The reality is that $60-$120k cars arent a big deal here and you will often see Teslas just dragging the hell out of everything because you know, if you got it, then use.

I used to do NW Syd. to Newcastle, or Singleton so I think a top ranging EV is an edge case for me. I could get along with a 300km Nissan van no problem. I'm now 15 mins from work. It helps if you have a 2nd car that's petrol.

Now to GT Sport... they need to be putting EVs from and centre. They know like the rest off the world that EVs will be here in say 5 to 10 yrs time which isnt a long time in their game cycle.

They should be moving to EV races now.... along with the Ford vs Ferrari Nostalgia 79 stuff.

I think either iteration of the Nismo Leaf RC would look good in Gr.3, despite being all-electric. Hopefully, in a future GT title, they'll be able to avoid placing all-electric vehicles solely in Gr.X, like we see with the i3, Model S, and Taycan in GT Sport.

The Vision-S is a great product to market for Gran Turismo players. Just that association with the Sony branding, many would think, automatically places it in a GT game.

Imagine if it's compatible with your PS5 library. Remote play in your Vision-S is a must have.

Anyway, PD have always focused on exteriors. Last couple of games, interiors. More detail and interactive interior functions, are another way to engage players to warm up to EVs.

It has to come. The cross promoting opportunities are too great. It'll be Gr.X though and unless they want to sanction some sort of league race with the Taycan then it'll be a waste anyway.

Currently there is no competition around EV vehicles. GT sport made to be competitive game. Maximum right now you can get is downgraded Leaf with i3, that's it. If add Sony car, there will be three low tire EV cars, say N300 cars. I don't know why they didn't put it into normal category, they still can fancy refueling with other cars in seconds, but could bring some real fun and diversity in lobbies.

That's been said, tuned Taycan accelerate faster than any petrol LMP car, and Mercedes F1, though maximum speed and general speed gain after 200 is very different, but in short tracks you still can have some close racing:).

Still waiting for more Hybrid cars in GT sport, there are many, but yet...

Electric vehicles are for commuting. Maybe if they made some fictional cars they could be fun to drive. I've got an i3 as my daily and it can be fun because its RR and you can turn of TC. Makes it so much fun when its slippery. Steering is direct and it's really the best (most fun) snow car I've had. But it is never a fast car. And you sit too high. The model 3 is also just a commuter. Fast in a straight line but there is absolutely no steering feel. You have to rely on your eyes only. GT Sport with g29 wheel has more precense. That's why I don't see EV racing other than for laughs in the near future. 2c

There's an ETCR series starting this year. Those cars will have the equivalent of 600hp. So, close to the horsepower of a Super GT500 and (V8)Supercar, in a TCR hot hatch.

As mentioned in a post above, I wouldn't mind Hybrid road cars, but I think future young generations, would prefer not to pull up to a petrol station... ever. Making EVs interesting in a GT game, could do well to prepare us all for the future.

I don't know about i3, but looking at it makes me laugh. Driving Leaf'18 and have a lot of fun, and got to admit, it looks nice, slightly oversized for a hatchback, but still quite Golf like, and after Golf itself it's something to compare.

As mentioned in a post above, I wouldn't mind Hybrid road cars, but I think future young generations, would prefer not to pull up to a petrol station... ever. Making EVs interesting in a GT game, could do well to prepare us all for the future.

It's better be GS450h instead of Crown in GTsport, and young generation surely would be interested in hybrid cars first:).

I don't know about i3, but looking at it makes me laugh. Driving Leaf'18 and have a lot of fun, and got to admit, it looks nice, slightly oversized for a hatchback, but still quite Golf like, and after Golf itself it's something to compare.

It's better be GS450h instead of Crown in GTsport, and young generation surely would be interested in hybrid cars first:).
For sure. With only a few Lexus cars in the game, their Hybrid models would be fantastic to see.

I keep forgetting there's slew of E-SUVs like the Audi etron, Jaguar E-Pace and Mustang Mach-E (!!!) and a heap of donkey small SUVs like the MG EZ whatevs and the Hyundai Kona? There's probably a few i'm missing because the care factor is kind of Low.

Would be nice if the Cybertruck makes it... not sure the ps4 can handle the polygons involved.

Would be nice if the Cybertruck makes it... not sure the ps4 can handle the polygons involved.
That would actually be unique for the game if ever it comes true. A first-ever EV truck in GT like no other. :sly::lol:

Didn't know it's even exist. Probably found the only Nissan that I really like. Hope to see what Toyota and Honda going to say about it, and play GT300E races in at least GT7. 'Course it will no appear in Sport, since, heh, race car:).

d426d0292bad1febda58a6f9ec4db22d.jpg

2018-LEAF-NISMO-RC-01-1-1024x683.jpg

b2e84f0d5d7661cde7186c1057b3af1a544e7290

Didn't know it's even exist. Probably found the only Nissan that I really like. Hope to see what Toyota and Honda going to say about it, and play GT300E races in at least GT7. 'Course it will no appear in Sport, since, heh, race car:).

You can see it run, on YouTube, at the Nismo Festival.

So it's a Leaf Race Car. It has a nice design to it.

Stating the obvious here. But I think most people think racing 1 gear E cars in the game is boring.

Formula E cars Season 1 had 5 gears. I think currently they are free to experiment and some cars have 1, some 3, etc...

So following that model, I think if you allowed tuning options for electric cars, it would be a smoother transition for players to get used to them.

As technology evolves I'm sure re-generation of power will become a vital part of race strategy. Like a Nitrous booster. And that could take Motorsports to another level.

Could be similar to how Tesla have different power outputs for their EVs. Engaging a Ludicrous Mode, like the Overboost function in the SF19.

I like driving the BMW I3 with the softest suspension settings, maximum camber, plus road tyres. It's quite pleasurable getting 1 wheel in the air as you lean through the corners :lol:

Back