Electric

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bedhead22
  • 6 comments
  • 738 views
Messages
31
Messages
Bedhead22
Messages
Megalol4000
Why are the electric cars so loud? in real life they are sooo quiet
 
I've used the i-MiEV in GT5 and it's only when reaching high RPM the car starts to sound.
You normally don't push the poor electric cars to the limit in real life :sly:
 
I've used the i-MiEV in GT5 and it's only when reaching high RPM the car starts to sound.
You normally don't push the poor electric cars to the limit in real life :sly:

You dont? Since their limit is 130km/h I would expect that your ALWAYS pushing the electrics to their limit.
 
I've used the i-MiEV in GT5 and it's only when reaching high RPM the car starts to sound.
You normally don't push the poor electric cars to the limit in real life :sly:

The i-MiEV also doesn't have a transmission if I remember correctly. Its motors are hooked directly up to the rear-wheels, so they simply spin faster and faster until they over-rev, making lots of noise in the process. That's how the game is anyways.

I'm with the OP on this one, though. I'm wondering if the Tesla, for instance, really is as loud as it is in the game.

EDIT: just looked at a bunch of Tesla vids like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtE_7kDtdGU&feature=related

They all seem to be the same...you can hear a lot more road noise. Never once did I hear that high-pitched jet engine whine. PD must have put their microphone right next to the motor when they got the soundbyte for the Tesla! :lol:

I remember in GT2, the Prius in that game was so quiet, my dual-shock was making more noise than the TV!
 
Last edited:
I was talking about real life.

So was I. When Im driving on a highway (this is how I get downtown), I am doing speeds of 115-120km/h... this would push an electric to it's limits.
 
So was I. When Im driving on a highway (this is how I get downtown), I am doing speeds of 115-120km/h... this would push an electric to it's limits.

On a highway, yea.
I don't have any of those close to where I live. Here it's mostly 40, 60 and 80 👍
 
Back