Electronic Entertainment (E3) 2017

• Thread starter Techy
  • 20 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
Sooo E3 starts in two weeks, June 13-5. Personally I think the biggest announcement we'll see is Project Scorpio, which was confirmed to appear at this year's E3 not too long ago. Apart from that, it's a given that Sony, Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Nintendo will tout the biggest conferences. Especially Nintendo, most likely to announce further goodies for the Nintendo Switch. Then the smaller venues, such as the PC Gaming Show and EA.

I also believe this year's E3 2017 is open to the public, but it still requires an Expo Pass, which have sold out long ago. So E3 is not just reserved for the video game press and what-not.

Hoping for a good amount of footage and release dates for Spider-Man, Days Gone and Bethesda's new IP "Starfield" which is rumoured to be like Skyrim/Fallout in space.

Probably knowing Sony will announce something to rival Microsoft or even worse, announce PS5 and PS Mobile 2. (Both scheduled for later this year) Then we know GTS will be released this year probably incomplete and quick something so they can start working on GTS2 ...

Probably will also see more COD and BF.

Crew 2 would be nice to see the map they choose. (Maybe a FH3?) Down under?

Other than that shouldn't be much in the way of good things.

All I want to know is if Forza 7 is going to be left behind on XB1 against the Scorpio.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing quite a few games this year.

Dirt 4
Forza 7
Gravel
Project Cars 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 (I know it's been delayed, but hopefully they'll still show us something)
Star Wars Battlefront II

I'm actually looking forward to seeing quite a few games this year.

Dirt 4
Forza 7
Gravel
Project Cars 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 (I know it's been delayed, but hopefully they'll still show us something)
Star Wars Battlefront II
DiRT 4's released next week. Don't see why they'd need to be at E3 for anything other than promoting their released game.

I'm hoping Sony show more of Spiderman and also drop a new GT Sport trailer.

Microsoft should show Forza 7 and then I'd like to see a wild-card announcement of a true Viva Pinata 3.

Nintendo wise, I'm looking forward to seeing Mario Odyssey footage and hoping for some unexpected game announcements for the Switch.

Can I start opening bets on longshot annoucements in the vein of Shenmue 3 and the FF VII remake?

Longshot: Kingdom Hearts 3 release date, whole series being released on Steam.

Hoping for a good amount of footage and release dates for Spider-Man, Days Gone and Bethesda's new IP "Starfield" which is rumoured to be like Skyrim/Fallout in space.

I'm soooo interested in this!

Can't wait to hear details on Bioware's new project too!

I'm excited for the titles I know are coming, The Crew 2, Forza 7 etc, but I'm even more excited to hear about these new IP's, the surprises that we know nothing about yet. To me that's the part of E3 that is the most fun.

Square better have something new to show us on the FFVII Remake.

I'm hoping Sony show more of Spiderman and also drop a new GT Sport trailer.

Microsoft should show Forza 7 and then I'd like to see a wild-card announcement of a true Viva Pinata 3.

Nintendo wise, I'm looking forward to seeing Mario Odyssey footage and hoping for some unexpected game announcements for the Switch.

I'm hoping that massive update is something unlocked at E3. Rolling starts and reworked algorhythm can't constitute something that size alone.

Probably knowing Sony will announce something to rival Microsoft or even worse, announce PS5 and PS Mobile 2. (Both scheduled for later this year) Then we know GTS will be released this year probably incomplete and quick something so they can start working on GTS2 ..

Awfully pessimistic, there.

I watched the EA conference, the Microsoft conference and most of the Bethesda conference. Here are my quick takes.....

-Anthem. It's all about Anthem. It makes me forget about all of the cool games I saw over the weekend (and there were a lot). Bioware hit it out of the park with this new IP, the game play looks amazing. I love the Exo-Suits shown and the ability to fly/glide towards destinations, I love that they are customizable too. The lush environments a 'la Crysis 3 really demonstrated graphical capability on the Xbox One X (Scorpio) and looked absolutely stunning. The Shaper Storms really showed off the dynamic weather and looked really sharp. Anthem looks to be a strong contender for Best of Show E3 2017.

Star Wars Battlefront 2- Looks really good, the 40 player battle they had going on Theed was pretty epic and expanded on the first game in every way. I thought it was cool that John Boyega was one of the players that took part in it. This game looks to deliver on a lot of the wishes the first one fell short of

-Madden 18, the new long shot story mode is a drastically different path for the long time franchise, it looks refreshing to me. It appears to play like a sports movie, I might have to get this game. It would be the first Madden I bought since 2015. I'm glad EA is trying new things.

Surviving Mars- It was just a quick clip but from the brief trailer, it looked similar to Astroneer but with farming possible, I'm definitely interested to see more.

Forza 7- I saw everything I wanted to see except one thing, I'll get to that later. I love the time progressing and expanded weather features. The 4k graphics were stunning but physics-wise, the rattling of wiper blades and body panels is new to the series and should offer a new feel to driving cars at very high speeds. The new Dubai track was honestly a little bland looking. Yes the graphics were detailed and the rocks had a fantastic amount of surface textures, but it's the desert, the color of sand everywhere. I thought it was a little underwhelming compared to past track unveils like the Rio track in Forza 6. The one thing I didn't see mentioned above was the ability to create blueprints for races like in Forza Horizon 3. I really want this feature in FM7, it would make the game's racing experience so much more customizable and unique to each player.

-Black Desert looked like a pretty fun MMORPG. I don't play the Elder Scrolls Online mainly because there's a subscription fee (unless it's gone now, no idea), and this game looks like it could scratch that itch. What left the biggest impression on me was not just the variety of classes to play as but the action/ combat and what looked like combos pulled of with different characters. A major complaint of mine with games like Dragon Age Origins, and Skyrim to a certain extent, is that overall, I find the combat sort of lacking. I prefer faster paced, more in depth combat, like in a game like Kingdoms of Amalur-The reckoning for example. The ability to switch weapons on the fly, and execute combos is more fun to me in Kingdoms, can't wait to see more on Dark and Light.

Bethesda- Not much to write, I'm just not interested in Zombie games or gory games slicing up Nazis (Wolfenstein 2), the Evil Within 2 doesn't interest me either, I just don't like creepy games, not my thing. They did not reveal the rumored 'Starfield' which was my primary reason for watching the conference, so for me the Bethesda conference was a big dud IMO.

EDIT: wrong game reference, changed game title from Dark and Light to Black Desert.

Last edited:
Anthem is the only thing that has excited me so far, just flying through the environments in that game looks fantastic. I'd probably say The Crew 2 as well if it was made by another dev. Sony have quite a few a exclusives already announced so I doubt there'll be much room for surprises in their presentation.

Really looking forward to the new Metro. Just seen the game play trailer again and it really looks awesome.

Back