Electronica - A Complete Departure!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter nifty1
  • 3 comments
  • 1,198 views
Messages
47
Messages
nifty1
Hi folks,

I have recently attempted my first Electronica tune and posted it to my soundclick site, a complete departure from my rock roots!

This song came about after a discussion with a work colleague! I suggested that it may be easier to create an Electronica style tune than a Guitar based tune!

He challenged me to come up with an Electronica tune in a weekend 💡

So I gave it a go!

I actually have no knowledge of Electronica so just went with the flow and although I have always said I didn't like this style of music I really REALLY enjoyed having a go! :)

I know its not exactly Paul Oakenfold but hey! :sly:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8210309

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Peace All.
 
Do I detect some Garageband sounds?

Not bad at all for your first attempt, especially if you have no knowledge of the genre. The different parts don't really mesh though IMO. They seem like they just cut off instead of flowing into each other, and almost sound like different songs. It seems pretty slow for an electronica tune, too, and it'd be interesting to hear what it sounds like sped up a little bit. I think the drum fills are a neat touch, and sort of bridge the gap between the style of music you usually play and this new one.

Overall, good job. 👍
 
I felt the same about the tempo of it, but enjoyed it overall, some great parts once it got going, although I kept having ideas of my own as to what'd fit after certain parts :lol: I felt that with the Matrix sampling, it was going to develop into some form of Acid/Techno sound, but you managed to get them to fit well. Also as mentioned, the sections don't quite fit together but the parts themselves were definitely well done for your first time, I think you've proven yourself to your work colleague!
 
Hi folks,

I have recently attempted my first Electronica tune and posted it to my soundclick site, a complete departure from my rock roots!

This song came about after a discussion with a work colleague! I suggested that it may be easier to create an Electronica style tune than a Guitar based tune!

He challenged me to come up with an Electronica tune in a weekend 💡

So I gave it a go!

I actually have no knowledge of Electronica so just went with the flow and although I have always said I didn't like this style of music I really REALLY enjoyed having a go! :)

I know its not exactly Paul Oakenfold but hey! :sly:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8210309

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Peace All.

Such a very amazing link!
 
Back