Elegance Automotive Guild - Banner Contest Now Closed

• Thread starter TurnLeft
  • 14 comments
Canada
Laval, Canada
OutbackV6
Hello fellow GTPlanet members. My partner Thorin Cain and I are presently working on an idea for a new, and rather unique tuning garage for the tuning forum. It is our intention to focus on tuning the many classic cars found in GT6. The cars will all be chosen based on their historical importance, beautiful design and hopefully their driving pleasure. We are currently in the planning stage and have been thinking about some artwork to use in the garage thread. So we thought that we would come and see if there were any skilled photographers/artists who would be willing to help us with this over here in the Photo Mode thread. We are looking for some nice classy shots to do justice to the iconic cars we will be tuning and where better to look.

The first thing we are looking for is a Banner/Header for our Garage OP. So we thought if there is enough interest we could run a contest to find the one we think best represents the look and feel we want in the garage thread. The idea is we can give a few details that we want to include and then let you guys get creative with the rest.

And moving forward from there, we would like this thread to act as a gallery for these classic cars and to have a pool of artwork we can use later when we publish the tunes. We are thinking we will use 3 or 4 shots at a time for these. So anyone looking to have there photos given a little light on other parts of GTPlanet please feel free to post some pictures in here.

All artwork used by us will have full credit given alongside, each and every time it is used by us in the tuning forum, GTPlanet Tunes Database or anywhere else on the forum. As well as a link to the members' galleries too.

For anyone interested in submitting your work for our Banner Contest these are our Guidelines.

1: Banner to be full size picture for use in OP. We are looking for something to suit the classic cars we'll be tuning. So tasteful and elegant is what we're looking for.

2: The garage name "Elegance Automotive Guild" and slogan "Restored for the Pleasure of the Senses" Must be displayed in gold text on a black background. Placement of this is and font choice is up to you, as is the rest of the rest of the design.

3: Any picture taken in GT6 Photo Mode can be used Still or action shot) as long as the car is from 1972 and earlier. No aero parts are to be used and all cars must be in either stock on era correct paint colors. No race cars to be used.

That's it. We both, thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to see some of your work soon.

Many Thanks.

Thorin Cain & TurnLeft

blues-brothers-076.gif

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure about the name or the slogan. Its all a bit ostentatious. Good luck though :)
I had to look up that word, Ostentatious definition, characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
000201DD.gif
Well I don't think so, we picked the words out of a hat, just kidding, I just found it sounded cool. By the way, I do love your avatar, I don't know why but it does put a smile on you, and the chuckles aren't that faraway.
lol-057.gif
, :cheers:

@MoMo PeeZero

Great pics both of you 👍, if you could work in the points from the guidelines in the OP it could help us. Remember this is for a banner not a photo contest, and though the pics are important, the name of the tuning garage is of a greater importance, next is the quote, also reread the guidelines, NO RACE CARS (no numbers on street cars), good job though.👍

I made this one up but I think I skipped a couple of rules :/ sorry! Still, you might like it...
Ooh, I like it. I had a little quick browse in your gallery too, some excellent work in there 👍 I really love the low wide-angle shot of the Toyota Levin, really nice that one:)

Back