Eligibility to enter GT Academy? Previous national A license holder

• Thread starter LTWhiteH
  • 5 comments
England
England
Hey guys new to the GT planet forum looking to give the GT Academy a shot! One question before I do, I've raced karts in the past at a club and national level for some years up until I was 16. I held a National A MSA kart license and my last license was valid until the end of 2011 (I'm 20 now), would this mean I wouldn't be eligible to enter? I read somewhere on the regulations that if you've held a national A license from the MSA or FIA you're not eligible? But wasn't sure if that was if you have a professional contract? (Which I didn't) Would be a big help to answer this question wouldn't want to put in all the effort at this for it to turn out I'm not eligible!

Hey guys new to the GT planet forum looking to give the GT Academy a shot! One question before I do, I've raced karts in the past at a club and national level for some years up until I was 16. I held a National A MSA kart license and my last license was valid until the end of 2011 (I'm 20 now), would this mean I wouldn't be eligible to enter? I read somewhere on the regulations that if you've held a national A license from the MSA or FIA you're not eligible? But wasn't sure if that was if you have a professional contract? (Which I didn't) Would be a big help to answer this question wouldn't want to put in all the effort at this for it to turn out I'm not eligible!

The 2015 rules said this:

To enter this Competition, each Entrant must:

/.../
  • not previously held a National A or superior MSA license or equivalent in another Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) recognised National Sporting Authority (ASN) or Recognised Motorsport Body;
  • not have competed in any form of 4 wheeled motorsport at a national championship level for more than one full season (the Organiser reserves the right to judge what classes as national level motorsport);
/.../

So, it looks like you won't be eligible. Not by the 2015 rules at least.

Back