Elimanate understeer

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 11 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
I have been try to buy/borrow/steal other peoples tunes but have found that I do better with a tune that I build myself. All of my cars usualy start out the same way..I install race brakes/suspension/sway bars etc...I do not use ANY assists and I also use a wheel...I was wanting to know what people use to get rid of understeer...I have read to increase the front posotive toe but when I do that it gets hard to control in straight lines or even sweeping turns. I have tried to raise the rear of the car about an inch or two from the front and that doesnt help either...Any suggestions???:cheers:

It really depends on the car and/or drivetrain...but I usually don't mess with toe too much. Try softening your front springs, if that doesn't work then soften your front arbs. Lowering your decel diff or increasing accel diff can help too.

Hey Wiggs......hows things??

Forgot to mention the drivetrain is RWD cars Im messing with at the moment...Ill try what you suggested....Sometimes its real easy to go backwards on the tuning....there are to many options...Thanx

Hey Wiggs......hows things??

Forgot to mention the drivetrain is RWD cars Im messing with at the moment...Ill try what you suggested....Sometimes its real easy to go backwards on the tuning....there are to many options...Thanx

I'm good. If you gift me the tune you're working on I'll make some adjustments and gift it back to you. That way you can see what I did and compare it to your own settings.

Bro,

Try sticking to stock suspensions for now.

The understeer varies from car to car. Some have none at all. Some have both, and some have a nasty tendency to oversteer.

As far as tunes go, set negative cambers on both front and rear. Generally the front value is higher. Soften up the springs and dampers, and raise the ride height to allow adequate spring travel. Also soften up the anti-sway bars.

Are your deadzones set to zero inside, max outside? Steering too much around corners tends to cause unnecessary understeer, especially if you don't pick your lines right, and forget to enter corners in a low gear, with relatively higher revs....

Thanx....

Wiggs Ill send you a tune that Im messing with and let me know what you think of it..just post back in this thread if you dont mind....It might be a couple of days before I get around to logging back on and doing it..

Thanx....

Wiggs Ill send you a tune that Im messing with and let me know what you think of it..just post back in this thread if you dont mind....It might be a couple of days before I get around to logging back on and doing it..

Kat, I received your tune and I'll take a look at it later today. I need to know which tracks or type of tracks you need the car setup for....short twisty tracks, speed tracks, Le Mans, etc? You probably know that a car that is built as a good overall car will not be nearly as good as one built for a specific track or type of track. Thanks.

Right now Im trying for speed tracks (Bernies Alps, Maple Valley)...sweeping corners..Also I want to keep the upgrads to what is on the car...No sticky tires etc..(I cant remember what I got on it at the moment)....If you dont have the car let me know and Ill gift it to you..Dont want you to have to buy a car on my part....Thanx

Gotcha. I sent a message over Live asking why you didn't max out the pi.....I think you had 4 pi points available. I made some changes to your tune right off the bat, and I'll send the revised tune back to you later today. I ran the car on Alps Club, so it should work out.....and most tunes for Alps work well on Maple too.

Sorry Kat, I didn't drive it before I made changes. I saw some settings that weren't ideal from the start so I changed them. I still have a copy if your tune so I'll give it a run tomorrow, just to see how it drives.

Back