Elliott SmithMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zrow
  • 2 comments
  • 741 views

Zrow

Sweet, delicious
Premium
Messages
2,734
Messages
AndrewPaul
I've been listening to Elliott for a few years, and I'm starting to think that he was one of the best songwriters around. As catchy and interesting as the actual music is, it's his lyrics that really resonate. A lot of people hear some of it and write it off as just downer music, but it's really more than that - he was really able to describe a specific feeling with his words and tunes.

Any other Elliott fans here?
 
Yes, have been listening to Elliott Smith for quite some time now... I only had one album for ages, 'Figure 8' - but on the 'recommendations' of fellow GTPer Samberto, I got alot more into Mr Smith. Sam recommended Elliott's brilliant vocals-only rendition of the Beatles' song 'Because' (originally on 'Abbey Road'), which is an amazing track 👍
 
Back