- 5,622
- eMadman
I finally got my online radio station running and so far, it seems awesome
. In order to save on bandwidth usage, i'm using a 54kbps-96kbps vbr quality OGG Vorbis stream through Streamerp2p. The reason I chose Streamerp2p is because theoretically, it offers a limitless listener base since every listener is assisting with the stream by using their own bandwidth (you only have to sacrifice 6.5k/sec in total).
If you would like to give it a test run, you will need this program (along with winamp)
http://www.streamerp2p.com/index.php?page=download.htm
My stream url is as follows:
*edit*
had to take it down for a while - sorry
*/edit*
If there's enough success with it, I'll probably either rename the station to Bytesector.com Radio or to GTP Radio
Enjoy the music and remember - p2p forever
for those of you that want to know genres, I currently have some rock, trance, and rap, . The playlist on this particular rig is about 30 hours long and my laptop, when I'm using it, has a 280hour playlist.
The main reason I made the stream is to get the Sam2 dj/broadcast utility up and running for a review @ bytesector.com as well as because lots of people wanted to see what I have.
If you would like to give it a test run, you will need this program (along with winamp)
http://www.streamerp2p.com/index.php?page=download.htm
My stream url is as follows:
*edit*
had to take it down for a while - sorry
*/edit*
If there's enough success with it, I'll probably either rename the station to Bytesector.com Radio or to GTP Radio
Enjoy the music and remember - p2p forever
for those of you that want to know genres, I currently have some rock, trance, and rap, . The playlist on this particular rig is about 30 hours long and my laptop, when I'm using it, has a 280hour playlist.
The main reason I made the stream is to get the Sam2 dj/broadcast utility up and running for a review @ bytesector.com as well as because lots of people wanted to see what I have.