Email about free GT6-theme

• Thread starter Raggadish
  • 16 comments
Hello all.

I searched but found no thread. I recently got a email about a free GT6-theme which is nice. The problem is that the link in the email doesn't work, it takes you to the web store but only the front page. There is no GT6 theme when searching, neither under themes or just a simple search for Gran Turismo and different variations of it. I looked at the senders email adress and it's the official playstation eu adress.

Have any of you fellas recieved this email? Or maybe even downloaded this theme?

......A few seasons back I got an offer for a free Resistance theme for PS3. It even had the voucher code in the email. I typed this code in the "redeem voucher" box in the store, and et voila, got my themes. Too bad they were rubbish and I promptly got rid of it....
Moral of this little story is, "Did your email come with a voucher code for a free theme? If it didn't, maybe you got spammed? By Sony?"

It's a legitimate email.
I received one, and you're right the link doesn't work correctly.
It takes you to the store but not the theme.

I also couldn't find it in the web store.
But I found it on the PS3 store.
Try looking under games > most popular > gran turismo.

Last edited:
.............If you think about it, an official mail with a promise of "free" stuff that doesn't have a voucher code sounds a little off to me. After that infamous hack of PSN, and all the hullabaloo that came with it, surely some of our email addresses were stolen. General rule of the thumb is, NEVER click a link on a mail, no matter how legit it looks. Hell, my PSN user name was reset by Sony right after the hack, and I was asked to change my log-in password on PS3 even.....

It's a legitimate email.

I had that on my PS3, never got an email, just fancied a new theme and got it

It's a legitimate email.

I also got this mail. Could not find the theme, but I am going to try your way tomorrow, thanks.
Is it worth the effort ?

I also got this mail. Could not find the theme, but I am going to try your way tomorrow, thanks.
Is it worth the effort ?
Yeh, it's okay.
Obviously is small and quick to download so there's no issues there.
It's essentially individual pics. of all the 15th Anni. cars as a background.

Not trying to sound clever, but I rarely watch the XMB so I'm not sure exactly how it works.
It's either a very slow slideshow of each car, or perhaps it randomly changes to a different image each time you quit a game and end up back on the XMB menu.

There's quite often a different image whenever I actually take notice, but that's as 'dynamic' as it gets.

Found a video of it.

@Aussie_HSV
Thanks. Now I now I don't have to bother. I have this theme installed since february (?) last year.
It 's rather nice, but no big deal, since (like you wote) I don't spend much time watching XMB either.

Back