Emotion Driving Type S and Sega GT 2002: Compare to GT3

  • Thread starter Thread starter askia47
  • 14 comments
  • 1,185 views
Messages
2,648
Well how do they compare to GT3, even though Driving emotion type S was some what poor in terms of graphics and all, it's inside view of the car was impressive. Sega Gt 2002 was a formidable opponent to GT3 and brings new ideas to the tabl like parts wearing out, and the way you have to stick to a cetain car for a while before buying a new one. Do you think these games have some merits that GT3 could have benefited from? You can also bring up other games for refrences.
 
My logitech driving force doesn't seem to work on Driving Emotion Type-S :(
 
Don't know Sega GT 2002, but Driving Emotion S was a disaster. It looked okay, but it had B I Z A R R E steering - so bizarre it was impossible to make any comment on the handling. I used both the DSII and the Speedster 2 wheel and could never get to grips with the handling - and I'm generally competitve straight off the bat in car sims.
 
dunno...
I cant think of any driving game that has quite the scope of gt3 :/
 
"The 2002 edition of Sega GT features about 125 cars and 12 tracks"
they have mopars!
ss1s.jpg

yum...
 
well GT3 is the KING
 
well gt3 rules and it wastes Sega GT in every way...i mean the graphics in Sega GT are way below that of GT3 and the handling system is just plain bizzare.....X box controllers are completelly screwed
 
Driving emotions is crap, especially the handling
I only bought it cos of the inside view, then sold it for 15 bucks:lol:
 
I played both. Emotion Driving Type S....:lol:! Sega GT2002 is a great game but I would rather have GT3. SGT2002 has better graphics in some ways but the cars looks too 'shiny'. Looks like they are made out of colored glass sometimes...
 
I have completed Sega GT 2002 and I must say I liked it more than I did GT3.

In SGT2002, there is just more freedom. In GT3, you don't have a "real" garage. In SGT2002, you have a "real" garage and it lets you buy furniture and other things for it. Your trophies are all around and pictures of your races are hung in frames on the walls. It's all pretty neat.

The racing itself suffers I guess you could say. The realism is not there like it is in GT3. I found that many cars pretty much all handled the same. The oversteer and understeer on cars was easy to detect but things like braking and cornering were all the same. It's not an obvious thing but you will notice if you're looking for flaws.

Races themselves give more variety. You can either go into a full "SGT2002 Mode" and play the whole game or just play some event races for quick money. (Drag racing is really fun.) If both of those are something you don't feel like doing, you can just play aracde mode or go into a classic mode.

Another cool thing about SGT2002 are the rewards. As you progress through the game you win abilities. From the start of the game, you can just go into the parts or used parts shop and buy a stage 3 turbo. You have to earn the ability to buy a stage that high. You will unlock it and then you have the ability to purchase that modification.

If I remember correctly, non of the above mentioned things were in GT3. I feel that SGT2002 is a better game simply because it has a greater level of depth.

That was my 2 cents. :)
 
Im in it for gameplay. You could only get one car at a time (if I remember right) and the cars handling didnt really 'feel' right. GT3 the game physics for the NSX were better. I thought the cars looked a little bit like glass. I wasnt looking for flaws or anything, they just stood out. There were some good points, though I would preffer GT3 alot more, even though it doesnt have those small things like a virtual garage...
 
I cant even believe this was asked nothing to compare. Emotion Driving Type S and Sega GT 2002 both suck!!!
 
Originally posted by f1king
I cant even believe this was asked nothing to compare. Emotion Driving Type S and Sega GT 2002 both suck!!!

[sarcasm] The quality and reason behind this post is immense. [/sarcasm]

:rolleyes:
 
[sarcasm] LOL [/sarcasm]

is that possible....i suppose. SARCASTIC LAUGH!!
 
Back