Emperor of Tokyo

Discussion in 'GT3 Race Reports' started by DK, May 10, 2009.

1. DK

DK Premium

For a challenge I entered the Tokyo R246 Akasaka enduro race, in a Pennzoil GT-R. The only modifications I made was a stage 1 turbo. It had been in the Amateur League Gran Turismo All Stars Championship and it struggled to keep its opponents behind. But the reward of a Mine's GT-R was more than worth it.

In the race I was up against the GT-R's nemesis: the Supra. A TOM'S Supra, a SARD Supra, a Raybrig NSX, a Mugen NSX and a Calsonic GT-R separated me from victory.

QUALIFYING:
    1: driftking18594 - Pennzoil NISMO GT-R - 1''30.237
    2: Team SARD - DENSO SARD Supra - 1''32.093
    3: Calsonic - Calsonic Skyline - 1''33.230
    4: Raybrig - Raybrig NSX - 1''33.393
    5: Mugen - Mugen NSX - 1'33.794
    6: TOM'S - TOM'S Supra - 1'34.023 (rammed it on my warm-up lap)

The race started. The Skyline made it to 100km/h in 3.7, leaving its opponents in its wake. But the Supra made an unrelenting attempt to win. At around lap 10 I was starting to lose my lead. My lead was slashed from 25 seconds to 21. I pitted on lap 11 with the 3rd placed Calsonic Skyline, and came out 5 seconds behind the SARD Supra - and a second in front of the NSXs! The cold tires had to be nursed, but I thought ':censored: that, I'm going after that jackass Supra'. I scrambled away from the NSXs, and caught up with the Supra on lap 12. On lap 14 the Supra made its first of 7 pit stops. Nothing interesting happened until lap 45 (when I got fed up with the BGM and started listening to my MP3 player instead) when I lapped the Mugen NSX after it made its 4th stop. On lap 53 I lapped the Raybrig NSX, but relinquished that status after making a pit stop. At the time I was doing 1'39s and struggling to keep the NSX twins behind me. At lap 60 I re-lapped the twin Hondas and continued on relentless quest to win the race. I was leading by over a minute. By lap 96 I was threatening the Supra with being lapped. It was scared of me. I knew it. I was doing late 1'32s but that was because I now needed an oil change, which I needed since lap 72. I lapped the Supra when it was sitting in the pits on lap 99. I did a celebratory 360-degree spin at the end, nearly letting the Supra unlap itself.

RESULTS:
    1. Pennzoil Godzilla - 2'47''31.430
    2. SARD Supra - +1 lap (2'47''33.064)
    3. Calsonic Skyline - +1 lap (2'48''00.983)
    4. TOM'S Supra - +1 lap (2'48''09.753 - I rammed him into the pits for a laugh :sly:)
    5. Mugen NSX - +1 lap (2'48''50.763)
    6. Raybrig NSX - +2 laps (2'49''09.715)

2. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Close race, good job, nice writeup (not too wordy). :tup:

But it sucks you had to ram another car in qualifying. :tdown:

one tip: NEVER get an oil change before a long race. The extra power gained will be gone in a matter of a few laps.

3. KAMKA-Z

KAMKA-Z

Yay! Somebody posted something new and interesting in the GT3 forums. Nice job. I still have to do this race myself. 2'47"! Wow that's almost 3 hours.

4. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

According to my notes, NSX and Supra combinations of Ai make for the best results. The Skyline GTRs get killed by too many pitstop requirements.

5. Rotary Junkie

Rotary Junkie Premium

He also ran an overkill car (bigger turbo, aka more power than the rest) and rammed that same car he did in Quali into the pits during the race.