• 4 comments

DK

No-one's having an A1 day
Premium
Ireland
Ireland
driftking18594
CiaranGTR94
For a challenge I entered the Tokyo R246 Akasaka enduro race, in a Pennzoil GT-R. The only modifications I made was a stage 1 turbo. It had been in the Amateur League Gran Turismo All Stars Championship and it struggled to keep its opponents behind. But the reward of a Mine's GT-R was more than worth it.

In the race I was up against the GT-R's nemesis: the Supra. A TOM'S Supra, a SARD Supra, a Raybrig NSX, a Mugen NSX and a Calsonic GT-R separated me from victory.

QUALIFYING:
1: driftking18594 - Pennzoil NISMO GT-R - 1''30.237
2: Team SARD - DENSO SARD Supra - 1''32.093
3: Calsonic - Calsonic Skyline - 1''33.230
4: Raybrig - Raybrig NSX - 1''33.393
5: Mugen - Mugen NSX - 1'33.794
6: TOM'S - TOM'S Supra - 1'34.023 (rammed it on my warm-up lap)

The race started. The Skyline made it to 100km/h in 3.7, leaving its opponents in its wake. But the Supra made an unrelenting attempt to win. At around lap 10 I was starting to lose my lead. My lead was slashed from 25 seconds to 21. I pitted on lap 11 with the 3rd placed Calsonic Skyline, and came out 5 seconds behind the SARD Supra - and a second in front of the NSXs! The cold tires had to be nursed, but I thought '🤬 that, I'm going after that jackass Supra'. I scrambled away from the NSXs, and caught up with the Supra on lap 12. On lap 14 the Supra made its first of 7 pit stops. Nothing interesting happened until lap 45 (when I got fed up with the BGM and started listening to my MP3 player instead) when I lapped the Mugen NSX after it made its 4th stop. On lap 53 I lapped the Raybrig NSX, but relinquished that status after making a pit stop. At the time I was doing 1'39s and struggling to keep the NSX twins behind me. At lap 60 I re-lapped the twin Hondas and continued on relentless quest to win the race. I was leading by over a minute. By lap 96 I was threatening the Supra with being lapped. It was scared of me. I knew it. I was doing late 1'32s but that was because I now needed an oil change, which I needed since lap 72. I lapped the Supra when it was sitting in the pits on lap 99. I did a celebratory 360-degree spin at the end, nearly letting the Supra unlap itself.

RESULTS:
1. Pennzoil Godzilla - 2'47''31.430
2. SARD Supra - +1 lap (2'47''33.064)
3. Calsonic Skyline - +1 lap (2'48''00.983)
4. TOM'S Supra - +1 lap (2'48''09.753 - I rammed him into the pits for a laugh :sly:)
5. Mugen NSX - +1 lap (2'48''50.763)
6. Raybrig NSX - +2 laps (2'49''09.715)

Close race, good job, nice writeup (not too wordy). 👍

But it sucks you had to ram another car in qualifying. 👎

one tip: NEVER get an oil change before a long race. The extra power gained will be gone in a matter of a few laps.

Yay! Somebody posted something new and interesting in the GT3 forums. Nice job. I still have to do this race myself. 2'47"! Wow that's almost 3 hours.

According to my notes, NSX and Supra combinations of Ai make for the best results. The Skyline GTRs get killed by too many pitstop requirements.

Back