End of Gran Turismo??? No show @Le Mans

  • Thread starter Thread starter evinaz
  • 16 comments
  • 1,360 views
Messages
9
United States
Arizona
Messages
evinaz
Did anyone notice how Forza had signage all over le mans? I didn't see any Gran Turismo not even on cars where usually on sunshade on windshield. Any time I hear something about a car or track I want in gt it's forza has exclusive or some bs. Now they are getting everything gt had first, wtf. That e3 free nurburgring download. I don't care we can share but not the other way around? Why does there have to be exclusives. I know gt didn't have exclusive to nurburgring but we are still waiting for a track and would be kinda nice to have that forza exclusive long beach or don't they have road Atlanta or america just saying. Shows one company is stepping up marketing and giving customers what they want and another is squandering the foothold they had and disappointing their dedicated fans and discouraging new ones. I don't know I feel like gt might be fading with trying to many different things. They have great new ideas but they are letting the solid core fundamentals that reeled in fans from beginning go by the wayside. I have always been a gt guy and playstation person but now I'm thinking for next gen I might be switching to xbox and I'm not digging it but hey that's a whole different ballgame with next generation and slow roll out of truly next gen games. Maybe project cars will be the answer we all are hoping for in race sims on consoles. Want to bet at the 24hr nurburgring it will again be forza all over an no gt. Will go with their newly released dlc. Very sad Pd and Sony
 
:( I guess I went on too much. I just wanted to say I saw forza on track and it used to be gran turismo signs everywhere and I'm worried with nurburgring 24hr that will be same. Forza to go with their free dlc at e3. That track was all gt and every car had gran turismo across sunshade in years past.
 
:( I guess I went on too much. I just wanted to say I saw forza on track and it used to be gran turismo signs everywhere and I'm worried with nurburgring 24hr that will be same. Forza to go with their free dlc at e3. That track was all gt and every car had gran turismo across sunshade in years past.
The Epic Whining thread is really the place for this. Technically your OP isn't even about GT6 to begin with. Your worries are justified, it's just best to keep the forums neat and tidy and confine stuff to existing threads when possible.
 
Why you think it will be the same? Remember the Nurb was in Forza 4 too, adding it to the 5 doens't mean it will be Forza exclusive.
 
57524.gif
 
The Epic Whining thread is really the place for this. Technically your OP isn't even about GT6 to begin with. Your worries are justified, it's just best to keep the forums neat and tidy and confine stuff to existing threads when possible.
I didn't know where to post its not like there is a general about gt forum so I made this thread where I felt there would be most traffic and it wouldn't get buried. I just wanted to point out how years ago you saw gran turismo pop up on cars then tracks it became huge. Now it seems to be fading and forza is trying to take its place. For me its disappointing I'm a gt guy.
 
Did anyone notice how Forza had signage all over le mans? I didn't see any Gran Turismo not even on cars where usually on sunshade on windshield. Any time I hear something about a car or track I want in gt it's forza has exclusive or some bs. Now they are getting everything gt had first, wtf. That e3 free nurburgring download. I don't care we can share but not the other way around? Why does there have to be exclusives. I know gt didn't have exclusive to nurburgring but we are still waiting for a track and would be kinda nice to have that forza exclusive long beach or don't they have road Atlanta or america just saying. Shows one company is stepping up marketing and giving customers what they want and another is squandering the foothold they had and disappointing their dedicated fans and discouraging new ones. I don't know I feel like gt might be fading with trying to many different things. They have great new ideas but they are letting the solid core fundamentals that reeled in fans from beginning go by the wayside. I have always been a gt guy and playstation person but now I'm thinking for next gen I might be switching to xbox and I'm not digging it but hey that's a whole different ballgame with next generation and slow roll out of truly next gen games. Maybe project cars will be the answer we all are hoping for in race sims on consoles. Want to bet at the 24hr nurburgring it will again be forza all over an no gt. Will go with their newly released dlc. Very sad Pd and Sony

TheWall™:eek:

I believe we have Nurburgring in all possible versions included in GT6 from release day (6.12.2013) . If that other game didn't have it for 6 months 'till now , I don't see what is the problem with GT6 here ?

If you're bothered with FM promo all over LeMans > it was there for past few years I believe > guess MS pay more for promo/ads than Sony/PD , but that doesn't mean they bought exclusive rights for Lemans or whatever track they put adds on.

PS: I guess you missed 24LeMans 24hLive show with NismoTV ,where they've talked much about GTA etc... and since I've been also watching live transmission on Eurosport channel, I can tell you they mentioned GT/GTA/Nismo athletes quite a lot ,while I didn't heard a word about FM.
 
Last edited:
Well at least the next Sarthe iteration will have Forza and Xbox appearances on the track side sponsors, just like Porsche did in the 2013 variation! :P

Next week is Nurburgring 24 hours race. I reckon GT sponsors will appear.
 
Well at least the next Sarthe iteration will have Forza and Xbox appearances on the track side sponsors, just like Porsche did in the 2013 variation! :p

Next week is Nurburgring 24 hours race. I reckon GT sponsors will appear.
Actually there was forza banners at last years race going down the mulsanne straight and first chicane, PD just covered them up for the 2013 version of circuit de la sarthe. As you would normally expect I guess.
 
Last edited:
Well at least the next Sarthe iteration will have Forza and Xbox appearances on the track side sponsors, just like Porsche did in the 2013 variation! :P

Next week is Nurburgring 24 hours race. I reckon GT sponsors will appear.

Having Forza logos in Sarthe 2014 is not going to happen. At all. Because no company is willing to advertise their rival. Forza is a rival to GT.

;)
 
Did anyone notice how Forza had signage all over le mans? I didn't see any Gran Turismo not even on cars where usually on sunshade on windshield.

GT6 has only sold about 2.5 million copies, I guess they just couldn't afford it!


;)
 
I didn't know where to post its not like there is a general about gt forum so I made this thread where I felt there would be most traffic and it wouldn't get buried. I just wanted to point out how years ago you saw gran turismo pop up on cars then tracks it became huge. Now it seems to be fading and forza is trying to take its place. For me its disappointing I'm a gt guy.
Like I said, this isn't a GT6 subject to begin with, it has nothing to do with the game itself. Whether it gets buried or not isn't part of the criteria for where a thread should go. It goes where it's supposed to go, it lives or dies on it's own merits.

I get the disappointment, and I don't disagree with you, but we have to keep the forums relatively tidy or there would be all kinds of threads all over the place and we wouldn't be able to find anything...you know...like most other fansites..:sly:
 
Having Forza logos in Sarthe 2014 is not going to happen. At all. Because no company is willing to advertise their rival. Forza is a rival to GT.

;)

I think the GT philosophy is, don't give a **** on what you model :P I guess it's wishful thinking for me.
 
Every thread on the "Planet" would qualify for this eventually.

Try venturing outside of The Zoo (That's what I call the GT6 section.), I can guarantee you'll have a much better time.
 
Back