Endurace and fuel question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menown
  • 12 comments
  • 835 views
Messages
980
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
Freakyweakywoo
So all the cars have the same 100 liter tank, does this mean all the cars consume fuel at the same rate too?

I tested the Maserati and a similar HP Merc (C65?) over 5 lap of Grand Valley and they both used 12 liters. I might test this further with vastly different HP and displacements. Just wondered if anyone else had run some test on this.
 
Diesel consumes slower... Obviously... But nobody seems to be able to last the whole fuel tank because the tyres burn out quicker. Diesel in A-Spec is useless.
 
Diesel consumes slower... Obviously... But nobody seems to be able to last the whole fuel tank because the tyres burn out quicker. Diesel in A-Spec is useless.

True, which is why I'm dreaing do the Le Mans 24 Hours race because I have a funny feeling even with racing hards I'll be stopping every three or four laps for tyres even though I'll have used only a quarter of a tank.
 
True, which is why I'm dreaing do the Le Mans 24 Hours race because I have a funny feeling even with racing hards I'll be stopping every three or four laps for tyres even though I'll have used only a quarter of a tank.

Use racing softs, they are faster and will probably last longer than the hards too.
 
Diesel vs Petro... i didn't know about that... but i DID notice that my Minolta Toyota consumes more fuel than the R10...

Also... noticed that my Hard tyres are not lasting as much as they should... no matter if I use Hard or Soft, they waste the same thing :(
 
Racing Mediums seem to be the best for longevity :)
 
Diesel consumes slower... Obviously... But nobody seems to be able to last the whole fuel tank because the tyres burn out quicker. Diesel in A-Spec is useless.

But, since refueling takes so much time in this game, you can load less fuel, and have a big advantage over the cars that need to refill the whole gas tank.

Full refuel takes like 1:30 min. If you need only 3/4 of that time , you'll virtually gain like 21-22 secs over petrol cars.
 
Full refuel takes like 1:30 min. If you need only 3/4 of that time , you'll virtually gain like 21-22 secs over petrol cars.

Top-tip of the day! Thanks for that suggestion! :)
 
thats what i do and it works wonders, just run with the fuel I need literally down to the very last litre in the tank. i've gone in and pitted after the AI has already entered its box and then left the pits before the AI even finished re-fuelling.
 
Side note:
has anyone tried endurance racing the electric car(I say the cause I'm not sure there is more than one)?
 
Side note:
has anyone tried endurance racing the electric car(I say the cause I'm not sure there is more than one)?

I did an informal 40-lap Arcade race at Autumn Ring Mini in the Mitsubishi i-MiEV last week. When the car runs out of electricity, it still moves, but very slowly. Pulling into the pits will not re-energize that battery. I know cuz I tried. :indiff:
 
I did an informal 40-lap Arcade race at Autumn Ring Mini in the Mitsubishi i-MiEV last week. When the car runs out of electricity, it still moves, but very slowly. Pulling into the pits will not re-energize that battery. I know cuz I tried. :indiff:

Well booooo.

Are you sure though? Being a simulator game and all maybe it just takes 6 hours for a recharge, haha.

Also I'm gonna do a search but what happens when your gas engines run out of fuel. I haven't tried it yet. Game over? Car doesn't move? Me wonder.

Found the anwser: Car will accelerate to 50mph max. Also you can glitch ans switch back and forth between gears to hit 60mph. That's not realistic at all.
 
Last edited:
Full refuel takes like 1:30 min. If you need only 3/4 of that time , you'll virtually gain like 21-22 secs over petrol cars.

Yea that fuel guy in the pits must be using a funnel with a soda straw on it to refuel the cars.
He'd never cut it in any racing leaque.

Unfortunately another WT_ feature.
 
Back