Endurance and Championship Races: interesting or easy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT787B
  • 14 comments
  • 1,058 views

Make the race fun or make it easy?


  • Total voters
    18
Messages
65
United States
Chicago
Messages
AaronRacer12
Messages
InboardLeak51
I'm curious to know, after completing my first endurance race only days ago, which would you rather do, pick a car that ensures you will win without worry, or pick a car that will push your driving skills?
 
ok look at you #1 post here see the button that says "Search this thread" there is a similar button in the main forum that is in the same spot and says "search this forum" use that before you post.
 
The latter.
There is no fun blowing past the AI, that (for me, at least) makes it boring 10x faster. Close races = More focus and competition = More fun.

👍

And fbccars, go easy on the guy. What would he search to find a thread like this? :sly:
 
Eks
The latter.
There is no fun blowing past the AI, that (for me, at least) makes it boring 10x faster. Close races = More focus and competition = More fun.

👍


Even in the hours long races? You wouldn't find that to be torturous?
 
Eks
And fbccars, go easy on the guy. What would he search to find a thread like this? :sly:

I do apologize, I'm a bit on edge as my PS3 decided that it no longer likes my GT5 disc. But, there were threads similar to this a while back and iirc mods would rather have a Zombie thread then a new thread thats been covered.
 
Even in the hours long races? You wouldn't find that to be torturous?

Not really. When the AI are always on your tail, your mind is more focused on winning the race instead of hoping it ends sooner *cough* Le Mans *cough*. 👍


I do apologize, I'm a bit on edge as my PS3 decided that it no longer likes my GT5 disc.
Is that why you want an NTSC-J Disc? :sly:
 
^ No that was bc I want the Redbull 5g. :sly: no hacks needed.
 
Eks
Not really. When the AI are always on your tail, your mind is more focused on winning the race instead of hoping it ends sooner *cough* Le Mans *cough*. 👍

I commend you for being able to keep such focus for such a long amount of time. I would have pulled my hair out about 30 minutes into Lé Mans. 👍
 
i commend you for being able to keep such focus for such a long amount of time. I would have pulled my hair out about 30 minutes into lé mans. 👍

Thanks, but to be completely honest, I couldn't finish it. Power went out on hour 14 or so..plus it was on GT4. I tried. :sly:
 
Eks
There is no fun blowing past the AI, that (for me, at least) makes it boring 10x faster. Close races = More focus and competition = More fun.

I agree. I did a lot of testing to search for a suitable car to start the 24hr of the Nurburgring with the purpose of having some nice competitive racing. A lot more fun that way, otherwise it's just grinding the laps like a braindead monkey which, last time I checked, I was not.

But do let me just say that all the testing I did went out the window the moment it started raining. AI cannot drive in the rain. 👎
Rain started after 30 minutes, I'm currently 6 hours into the race, leading by 3 full laps, all I've seen is rain and slow AI.

So maybe you want to keep that in mind for all endurance races with the possibility of changing weather.
 
Make it easy and pick a car you know will win, after completing everything else in game, then go back and make it challenging. Don't really want to have to do 9hrs twice if I don't have to. Not really a popular opinion but its mine :ouch:
 
Make it easy and pick a car you know will win, after completing everything else in game, then go back and make it challenging. Don't really want to have to do 9hrs twice if I don't have to. Not really a popular opinion but its mine :ouch:

I'd go with this if I were to actually do the A-Spec endurance races. Unfortunately, locking them in with progression makes not winning a waste of 848408240284 hours unless you already have the prize car. If there were no prizes then yes, go for challenge.

On that note, I've only done endurance races online, and of course that means with a fair car. Simply blows away A-Spec. And you can have things like cautions and heavy damage.
 
I honestly don't know how anyone can complete GT5 Endurance races without being bored to tears. I can barely get through 5-10 lap Aspec events, I can't imagine 2-24 hours. The AI are so terrible it's just hot lapping, not really racing and if you do make your car similar in lap times to the AI you don't actually "race" with them, you just lap faster than them because they are so much slower in the corners and so much faster in the straights.

Kudos to anyone that can actually finish the endurance races..👍👍
 
Definitely challenge. 24 hours of free run (with obstacles, granted) would be pretty boring.

I honestly don't know how anyone can complete GT5 Endurance races without being bored to tears. I can barely get through 5-10 lap Aspec events, I can't imagine 2-24 hours. The AI are so terrible it's just hot lapping, not really racing and if you do make your car similar in lap times to the AI you don't actually "race" with them, you just lap faster than them because they are so much slower in the corners and so much faster in the straights.

Kudos to anyone that can actually finish the endurance races..👍👍

Try Nürburgring 24H in a GT500 car :)
 
I honestly don't know how anyone can complete GT5 Endurance races without being bored to tears. I can barely get through 5-10 lap Aspec events, I can't imagine 2-24 hours. The AI are so terrible it's just hot lapping, not really racing and if you do make your car similar in lap times to the AI you don't actually "race" with them, you just lap faster than them because they are so much slower in the corners and so much faster in the straights.

Kudos to anyone that can actually finish the endurance races..👍👍

All it takes is some tight clenching and deep breathing. I've already completed the 60 lapper around Grand Valley, and I spent 13 hours completing the 24 hours of Nürburgring on GT4.
 
Back