[Endurance][GT300]brief race video with commentary-race6: Nurburgring24h uploaded!

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 18 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
All vids taken from the serie i'm hosting (btw a couple of free spots available!) with editing and commentary done by myself!

Please comment them here and let me hear your impressions and suggestions!

Race 1

Race 2 (More advanced editing and better commentary IMHO)

INTERVIEW WITH LOGICLINE/STEPHEN VANN AFTER ROUND 3- SUZUKA

TB8- Logicline, i suppose that was a disappointing race. you seemed to get of to a good start. what happened?
Logic- yeah, it was a good start, everybody started on the soft tires, but i thought if i put medium tires on the front, i could stay out longer than everyone else until the rain we that was predicted. Obviously i couldn't qualify very high, but i decided heavily upon my tactics. A few accidents at the first corner meant i had moved up from 9th to 6th position by the end of the 1st lap. it was looking good and i was just concentrating on looking after my tires.
TB8- On the soft tires, skeng and gprilli increased their lead from the rest of the pack. when they pitted for tires, you were leading the race. However when a few laps later when they caught you up, you let them past, even though you were fighting for the lead.

Logic- This season skeng and gprilli have drove incredibly. Although i was technically fighting for the lead, realistically i wasnt. I was just trying to run my own race, so i didnt want to ruin anyone's race and let them go.
TB8- Then on lap 16 you started to slow down then park the car up. Mechanical issues?
Logic- I could feel the car losing power, then my engineer came on the radio yelling at me to stop the car, so i killed the engine. Turns out the alternator stopped working. better to not finish this race then miss the next few if the team couldn't fix it.
TB8- Dissapointing, as you were looking good.
Logic- yeah, it started raining then, so my tactics were working fine. i believe i could have definitely fought for the podium. Now if you'll excuse me please, i have a plane to catch.

INTERVIEW WITH EKKE AFTER ROUND 4- SPA

TB8- Ekke, congratulations. you were the top BRZ driver out there and finished 4th place. A good race and useful points for your championship 3rd place challenge.
Ekke- Yeah, i love Spa, its one of my favourite tracks. So before the race i was quite disappointed as i couldn't find any pace. However it was a good race and came together very well. 4th position is good. However my target in every race is at least a 3rd place.
TB8- Theres been alot of discussion this week about the BRZ. Now, as a suburu driver, do you think it's currently under powerful?
Ekke- The BRZ is a fun car, but i do think it's a bit slow. i've been testing with my team at our secret location, and i've found that im faster in the other cars, and the BRZ could be a bit faster, but i might be wrong and it could just be all about the driver.
TB8- Next week is Apricot hill. Testing there has shown the BRZ as very quick. Do you think you'll be able to challenge skeng and giprilli for the win?

Ekke- Apricot hill will be a very hard race. The track is incredibly hard on the tires so a good strategy and consistent driving will win. I would obviously love to challenge for the win, but as i said my target at the moment is a podium.TB8- Then we are going to one of the hardest, historic tracks in the world, the Nürburgring. CptMadBean earlier this week released a press statement saying that he thought it more acceptable to race at the Grand Prix track instead. Karsten then said that you were the best driver to watch there. Is that putting any pressure on you?Ekke- No, It's nice that other drivers are considering me for a race win, but the target yet again will be a podium. The Nürburgring will be fun and interesting but difficult, as it is a narrow track so little opportunity for an overtake. I think there will be many swear words going through people's heads during the race, and they may fall asleep on the long straights.TB8- Well, best of luck

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH KARSTEN

TB8- we are here today with the founder of GT300 endurance, Karsten. welcome mate.
Karsten- Hello
TB8- So Karsten, so far the debut season has been hugely successful and popular.
Karsten- Yes, it has. Before the season began i was getting quite worried, as we weren't getting many entrants. But word soon got out.
TB8- So, is there anything you will change for the second season?
Karsten- Well first of all i will be introducing a different points system. This will give less importance to pole position and fastest laps, allowing the fight for positions to be more critical and entertaining.
TB8- Skeng and giprilli have dominated this season, did you expect this?
Karsten- I hoped that the championship fight would be very close, but there is nothing we can do about their speed, apart from penalise them for it (haha). i In season two i plan to introduce success penalty for podium finishers.

Karsten- If you continuously finish on the podium, the penalty will increase, but if you finish off the podium the penalty will decrease. This will hopefully allow midfield drivers to fight for wins and podiums, allowing a much greater championship fight.
TB8- Sounds good. At the start of the season you wanted to have two separate classes. GT300 and GT500. Is this something you will look at again for season two?
Karsten- No, but i intend to introduce a wider variety of GT300 cars. Im thinking of 8. There will be 8 teams of 2. or 5 teams of 3 with a wild or invited driver. This will hopefully allow all drivers to get a drive in a car they like. Drivers and teams that resign in the series will be able to choose a car following a rule that the lowest classified driver chooses first.
TB8- Will there be a different choice of tracks?
Karsten- That has yet to be confirmed, but i can say the season will expand to 12 races. Due to the extra races, a 1 dropped score will be in effect

Great vids m8, really miss racing with you lot.
Good to see a new boy doing well, guess season 2 will a great one.

Well done gprili on winning season 1 championship

best.gif

Great vids m8, really miss racing with you lot.
Good to see a new boy doing well, guess season 2 will a great one.

Well done gprili on winning season 1 championship

best.gif

Thanks man!! Nice one!!!

the racing is actually serious, you are welcome to join, and yes we race on mondays but season 3 will be held on september and probably in RH tires. Also NO WEATHER in season3 lol. check season 2 thread for more infos

Back