Endurance Race Addition Suggestion: 12 hours of Sebring and Spa GP 24hr

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techy
  • 19 comments
  • 2,808 views
Messages
6,776
United States
Florida
Messages
gtamann123
Inspired by Wikipedia, I would like to see two new additions to the Endurance Hall: 12 hrs of Sebring and Spa GP 24hr. The 12 hrs of Sebring is part of the World Sportscar Championship, but in GT5, It's just an independent event. As the name suggests, It takes place on the Sebring International Raceway, and the cars allowed is sports car race cars (e.g. Jaguar XJR-9) and you drive around the track for 12 hrs. If you win the event, the track will unlock in Practice, Arcade, and usable in Online Lobbies (It'll unlock at any position), and of course, Credits and XP will be rewarded as well. And yes, the track itself can have Weather Change/Change Time.

The second Endurance race is Spa GP 24hr. It is the same thing as 12 hrs of Sebring: the cars allowed is sports car race cars and it is part of the Wold Sportscar Champs, but it is an independent event. Completing the race at any position will automatically unlock the track in Practice, Arcade, and usable in Online Lobbies. This can also be a decent way to make Spa GP a debut to GT5! And yes, the track itself can have Weather Change/Change Time.

Both events will be added to the Endurance Hall, but It will not include into the Endurance Hall completion. The 12 hrs of Sebring and Spa GP 24hrs will be both unlocked at level 35. Unfortunately, the Credit reward will have to match the rest of the Endurance races.

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?
 
Genius idea :)

Well thought out too
 
Nice idea (i'd love to drive both), but two new tracks isn't going to be something we are likely to get (outside of DLC at least), let alone new races.
 
Yes it is a good idea, but as much as I would like to see these two tracks (especially Spa) along with the endurance events related to them, I doubt that we will see such an addition to GT5 any time soon, But who knows.
 
Thanks for the replies! It'll be awesome if these events made it into the game. And if it debuts two new tracks!
 
Spa was (and still is) the most requested DLC Track on GT5 Feedback Tab.
Sebring, however, is 1/2 airport backroads and 1/2 REALLY BUMPY airport runway, and that doesnt make for pleasent races, especially over 12 hours:nervous:
 
Spa was (and still is) the most requested DLC Track on GT5 Feedback Tab.
Sebring, however, is 1/2 airport backroads and 1/2 REALLY BUMPY airport runway, and that doesnt make for pleasent races, especially over 12 hours:nervous:

I agree that the track is quite bumpy, but that is what makes suspension settings so important for the race, as well as driving clean and smooth. It makes for a very good challenge.

The only problem with having Sebring is that without real mechanical damage the test of Sebring doesn't really happen. Sebring is such a great race because of its history and difficulty. The track destroys cars every year. It is why most teams consider 12 hours at Sebring to be just as if not more difficult than 24 hours at Le Mans. Sort of like Daytona before the repaving.

Without the chance of breaking something, Sebring just becomes a slog for 12 hours. Boo-urns to that.

+1 on Spa, and the idea as a whole.

P.S. Where is the love for the 24 hours of Daytona? All they need is to add time change and weather and blammo! new event.
 
I agree that the track is quite bumpy, but that is what makes suspension settings so important for the race, as well as driving clean and smooth. It makes for a very good challenge.

The only problem with having Sebring is that without real mechanical damage the test of Sebring doesn't really happen. Sebring is such a great race because of its history and difficulty. The track destroys cars every year. It is why most teams consider 12 hours at Sebring to be just as if not more difficult than 24 hours at Le Mans. Sort of like Daytona before the repaving.

Without the chance of breaking something, Sebring just becomes a slog for 12 hours. Boo-urns to that.

+1 on Spa, and the idea as a whole.

P.S. Where is the love for the 24 hours of Daytona? All they need is to add time change and weather and blammo! new event.

Best of all, Sebring is in Florida! Maybe I can take a test drive there someday when I get a license and a car.
 
Whats the use of adding Endurance races?
Nobody is going to like to drive 12 or 24 hours.
Especially more than once.

Just add those 2 tracks in GT5 and be done with it.
No need for more Endurance unless we get a patch first that makes it possible to use B-spec in the endurance as well.
 
I run at Sebring 4 or 5 times a year.....would love to test new lines in GT5!
 
Whats the use of adding Endurance races?
Nobody is going to like to drive 12 or 24 hours.
Especially more than once.

Just add those 2 tracks in GT5 and be done with it.
No need for more Endurance unless we get a patch first that makes it possible to use B-spec in the endurance as well.

Well, since saving is imminent to come to Endurance races, why not add in two races to celebrate two new tracks to the game, especially Spa GP?
 
I think adding all the tracks from the series would be a whole pot of awesomeness.
 
I LOVE Sebring, done two 12hour races in GTR2 last year, it would be an awesome addition, love it in Forza 3 too. I'd like to see Road Atlanta and Road America too. So MANY tracks......<thinks about firing up GTR2 again>
 
Spa... now I want to play shift.....love that track. Willow springs, too.
 
I would rather them remove all the endurance races completely. I started the 4 hour Tsukuba race last night, and after 40 minutes, I was bored out of my skull, and abandoned it.

The endurance races are precisely the reason I no longer play GT5, they are the only races I have left to do, and no interest in doing them. I want racing variety, not monotonous tedium.
 
Endurance races are in fact what makes the game a little more on realistic side --- no races will finish in 2 laps in real world.
 
Back