Endurance race challenges

• Thread starter YakieS1
  • 15 comments
United States
Jacksonville, FL
Tow Mater 66
I know that many people were disappointed when FM4 and 5 didn't include endurance races in career mode.

Have any of you on the site been competing in the endurance challenges that FM5 has been hosting lately? What are your thoughts on the format?

Personally I like it, as it allows those who enjoy a long race to compete without making it a drag on those who don't, and the badge is a nice reward.

FYI they have apparently fixed the matchmaking so it's easier to get in a race without waiting forever now.

I'll be doing the Le Mans challenge tonight or tomorrow afternoon EST.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the **** out of it, got to race in GT class and took the 458. Had 5 cars in class and started at the back, which was great because two of them hit each other halfway through turn one. Road a Vipers tail where I passed him at Indianapolis.

Next up was a Vette, took ten laps to run him down. He had stupid straight line speed but equally bad speed in the turns. Mine was very balanced made up lots of time in the brake zones and porche curves. I road his tail from the ford chicanes to Tertre Rouge where went wide and I managed to hold him off to the mulsanne curve. He destroyed his tires so after. 2 more laps he was history.

Covered 337 miles, viper 331 and Vette 271. Would love for these types of lobbies to stay up. You don't like them, don't care.

I know that many people were disappointed when FM4 and 5 didn't include endurance races in career mode.

Have any of you on the site been competing in the endurance challenges that FM5 has been hosting lately? What are your thoughts on the format?

I've made some custom endurance races via free play. I think you can go up to fifty laps, so that could be several hours, depending on track and class. If you had a class in which you run nine-minute laps at Nurburgring and run fifty laps, that's 7.5 hours.

I enjoyed the **** out of it, got to race in GT class and took the 458. Had 5 cars in class and started at the back, which was great because two of them hit each other halfway through turn one. Road a Vipers tail where I passed him at Indianapolis.

Next up was a Vette, took ten laps to run him down. He had stupid straight line speed but equally bad speed in the turns. Mine was very balanced made up lots of time in the brake zones and porche curves. I road his tail from the ford chicanes to Tertre Rouge where went wide and I managed to hold him off to the mulsanne curve. He destroyed his tires so after. 2 more laps he was history.

Covered 337 miles, viper 331 and Vette 271. Would love for these types of lobbies to stay up. You don't like them, don't care.
Will have to have a look for these. What section are they in?

Will have to have a look for these. What section are they in?

it was a special event for the weekend, they are running the same thing this weekend for the Nürburgring 24. You can find it in Multiplayer only. Not sure I'll do this one, not my favorite track.

They are always in the "Monthly" hoppers, but they usually only last for the respective race weekend... They did one for Indy and have one coming up in 2 days for the Nurburgring. Keep an eye on the challenges section of achievements for them.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Le Mans. Too busy working on my real car to play with my virtual ones.

@King1982, I'm sure that's why they took the endurance races out of the primary game, and I agree with that decision.

it was a special event for the weekend, they are running the same thing this weekend for the Nürburgring 24. You can find it in Multiplayer only. Not sure I'll do this one, not my favorite track.
Ok thanks mate, will give it a go this weekend and try the 2.4 Nürburgring

Many people like me didn't care about Endurance racing. And still dont.
What I don't understand is why we went from endurance it 2-3 laps. Is there no middle ground. Why no 6 laps, 10 laps. At least that way people can have clean drivatars.

An adjustable lap number slider in career mode. How this hasn't been implemented truly baffles me.

Or simply what Grid: Autosport has done, a multiplier for 1x/2x/3x/5x length races. It means they can make the standard length super short for those who want a quick pick up and play, and the hardcore can stretch it out to serious lengths. 5 x 3 lap races is 15-25 minutes, depending on the track.

Or simply what Grid: Autosport has done, a multiplier for 1x/2x/3x/5x length races. It means they can make the standard length super short for those who want a quick pick up and play, and the hardcore can stretch it out to serious lengths. 5 x 3 lap races is 15-25 minutes, depending on the track
I'm very much looking forward to Grid-Autosport, just wish it was on the Xbox One

Luckily I kept my 360 :D

Or simply what Grid: Autosport has done, a multiplier for 1x/2x/3x/5x length races. It means they can make the standard length super short for those who want a quick pick up and play, and the hardcore can stretch it out to serious lengths. 5 x 3 lap races is 15-25 minutes, depending on the track.
That's pretty much what I was envisioning.

Back