endurance race pit/car strategies, trophies, golds, etc.

• Thread starter lav01
  • 22 comments

lav01

(Banned)
lav01
I do not know how much people care about some of this stuff, but I like to try and complete all of it until the next one comes out or I just get so sick of trying to figure it out I just give up (read: redbull on greenwood gt6). So, I thought that maybe one thread for advice on different races/challenges either giving or asking advice on certain events that are a little more difficult. I hate doing an endurance race for an hour just to have ruined tires or run low on fuel with a couple laps/minutes to go and then not be able to hold em off. example: I did the interlagos enduro and going into last lap with decent lead 20ish seconds, but almost no gas and wrecked tires, it said 1.3 laps of fuel left. Set on full lean, I figured I could limp it for 1 lap. Ran out of on the back straight before the 3 hairpins and going half throttle already given up about 7 seconds. Ended up 8th. Have not done it again as of yet. Since the new updates I have been on those.

So maybe post experiences either as a guideline for a kick start as a baseline or this is what I did for the win, gold, etc...

I will start with one and add in others.

The trophy for getting 1 sec faster than the gold time is easy. Driving challenge #24. One lap on kyoto driving park - miyabi. First time I just did one lap got a silver and moved on. Went back to gold it and I did it twice and beat it by .969 1st lap and by about 1.5 sec second lap and even had a huge slide and had to lift massively going on to a straight towards the hairpin in the end. You get the gold in game and a psn trophy. Should take more than a couple clean lap tries.

anyone else?

Mission Challenge Maggiore with the Porsche worked for me with the stategy someone posted in a thread about that particular mission:

Fuel Map 1
Racing Soft tires
Full attack all the time
Pit every 6 laps

I personally spun out like 3 times and still won by more than 30 seconds.

I ususally win the arcade enduros by 20-30 seconds or so, but the new GT3 one at Monza has me stumped.

I used the M6 and despite a fairly clean race, I was never able to get closer than 30s to the lead car, who eventually won by nearly 50s and I was in second.

Has anyone won this race, and how did you do it? I'm curious as to various strategies for it..

thanks!!

I used the 458 Italia first time on Monza, fully maxed, 3 pit stops, it was an easy race.

Just now I tried to get a better race and the clean bonus with stock Mclaren 650 GTS. I did however set the weight to minimum. It was an odd race as usual. Getting close to the AI 'activates' them so they start racing and after a few laps I had a parade in front of me while still slowly closing the gap to the leader. No way to overtake this growing pack without risking the clean bonus. It was like herding sheep, pushing them all to the front...

First pit end of lap 9 in 8th (a lot of cars had pitted already), dropped to 13th after the pit. Then I used to much gas on the exit of the chicane in lap 11, lost the clean bonus, so changed to a more aggressive racing strategy. Still clean yet taking more risks both overtaking and cornering.

Second pit stop end of lap 18 (since the McLaren can do 12) in 3rd. Both 1st and 2nd pitted as well, I had less fuel to tank and got out in 2nd. (650 GTS is most fuel efficient) First place spun out in lap 23 giving me the lead. I build up a lead of about 10 sec which stayed dead steady. 2nd and 3rd needed more fuel in lap 28, which increased my lead to 20 seconds. In the very last lap they suddenly sped up and shaved of 6 sec in one lap for me to win 14 seconds ahead. My laps were very steady by that time at high 1:51 low 1:52. The weird AI boost came too late. Total time 56:42.

I'll try again some time to get the clean bonus on that race.

I find it's usually easier to pit earlier rather than late. In that case the rubber banding works in your favor.

I used the Mercedes for the Monza race, weight reduced. Started on hard tires, but there is no real reason to use anything harder than soft in this race. Ended up doing 3 pit stops (8, 17, 25 I was trying out different compounds) and won by almost a minute. No clean race bonus for me, as lapped traffic forced me off the road...

@Nuschel01
I had a bronze (easy and drunk) and then a silver (pretty easy watching tv at the same time, 11th). Then I tried your advice. Got into 1st on wrecked tires with 13 to go. I switched to RM (last stop) and cut the fill up on fuel short to get to the end (as with each of the stops). Came out in 8th, got back to 3rd, no more stops, could not run them down. tires were ruined the last 2 laps. Had an off late, but real minor, wouldn't have cought them anyway. Should have either taken an extra pit with RS or put RH on 1st and then RS after pit1. Anyways good advice. Thats the purpose of the thread. I know it is no excuse, but my friends came over and I had to pause it for about 15minutes and then go back to finish the last 6-7 laps with a bunch of drunk people talking to me. No excuse, but it breaks your mind set a little. oh well still fun race. I love races you have to think about and plan ahead. not just grab the fastest car and blindly run a few laps in your sleep.

@Sven jeuken
and yes, that monza race was interesting to say the least. That ferrari race car braked 100yds + AFTER me. got it but, it was a fight for sure. Fun, I will do it again.

Mission Challenge Maggiore with the Porsche worked for me with the stategy someone posted in a thread about that particular mission:

Fuel Map 1
Racing Soft tires
Full attack all the time
Pit every 6 laps

I personally spun out like 3 times and still won by more than 30 seconds.
Yeah I do essentially the same but with hard tyres so I don’t have to pit so often and have zero challenge.

Other than the GR1 one that glitched for me making the AI some 10-20 seconds faster than they where for other people (on my leaderboard), I’ve found endurance races to be a non event. I’m surprised so many people have struggled with them post patch, especially as I’m not a very quick/good GT driver :lol:

I ususally win the arcade enduros by 20-30 seconds or so, but the new GT3 one at Monza has me stumped.

I used the M6 and despite a fairly clean race, I was never able to get closer than 30s to the lead car, who eventually won by nearly 50s and I was in second.

Has anyone won this race, and how did you do it? I'm curious as to various strategies for it..

thanks!!
I used the Viper with stage 3 weight reduction. Started off with normal tires and fuel map 2 because you start with a 75% filled tank. Pitted first in lap 7, driving in first position, changed to hard and fuel map 3. After the AI pitstops I was 10 seconds in the lead. Pitted again in lap 18 and switched between the fuel maps to make sure I didn't needed to pit again. Don't know if all this was necessary because I won with a 70 second gap... I also tried it with the Ferrari but ended in 3 place. The Viper is easier to drive in my opinion.

What bothered me in this race is the lack of a blue flag in GT Sport. When overlapping the AI cars they just keep driving in your way. I also got a 5 second penalty, for overtaking a lapped Corvette under a yellow flag, who was stuck in the first chicane!

I also tried the Gr.1 Nurburgring event with the Porsche 919 but ended 18th :ill:. So if anybody has any tips for this race? Going to try the Porsche endurance this evening...

good info, I am going to try some enduros tonight. girlfriend, went back home, she lives out of state, thank god. She hates sports and video games (she calls me a vidiot, which i told her that term, i laugh), take her to a gucci, macy's, needless markup (neiman marcus), etc.. she is in heaven. no $2 beers its $12-$20 martinis. other than that we get along great. haha. Anyway, good info, I have not really tried most of the enduros. Now that she is gone i will be back at it. Tried a few enduros, but not many. I have a few golds left and then waiting for another update.

My usual strategy for these is FM1, RS tires and go, might adjust the map to coincide with the tires going off but thats all I do. I've not tried Monza yet but that worked for the rest.

What is fm1
Fuel Map 1.

I've won, and won comfortably, by using Fuel Map 2 + Racing Hard in all the endurance races I've done so far. And do full weight reduction on the cars whenever you can. That helps everything.

yea, i read and responded too quick, sorry for the dumass question. I really have not tried the endurances too much. Between 2 kids, gf, nfl (yes im a fan still even being old and that moronic kneeling thing, i will not attend a game anymore), friends dropping by at weird hours. I hate hitting pause and I am not super familiar with some of the tracks still. I usually just run a stocker, but sometimes I lighten it and maybe put in a little power. I guess I could just ramp it up for the win, but I def like a challenge. I do hate running that long and running out of fuel/tires though. That really sucks!

I used the Viper with stage 3 weight reduction. Started off with normal tires and fuel map 2 because you start with a 75% filled tank. Pitted first in lap 7, driving in first position, changed to hard and fuel map 3. After the AI pitstops I was 10 seconds in the lead. Pitted again in lap 18 and switched between the fuel maps to make sure I didn't needed to pit again. Don't know if all this was necessary because I won with a 70 second gap... I also tried it with the Ferrari but ended in 3 place. The Viper is easier to drive in my opinion.

What bothered me in this race is the lack of a blue flag in GT Sport. When overlapping the AI cars they just keep driving in your way. I also got a 5 second penalty, for overtaking a lapped Corvette under a yellow flag, who was stuck in the first chicane!

I also tried the Gr.1 Nurburgring event with the Porsche 919 but ended 18th :ill:. So if anybody has any tips for this race? Going to try the Porsche endurance this evening...

Sometimes I think it's luck, you get a race with a different grid order and one AI car that suits the track zooms out in front where you can't get to it.

I won the nurburgring with the 919 and did it by going flat out, but using FM2 in the final stint to reach the finish, by that time after being on soft or super softs I was clear in front. I think just being consistent and not trying so hard that you put in the gravel should do it

thanks!!

My 2 cents:

Car: M6 GT3 (stock, no upgrades)
Map fuel: 1 (stints of 7 laps up to lap 21)
Tyres: Racing soft (up to lap 21, when pitting on lap 21 go for Hard Tyres, fuel enough for 10 laps)

Meta laptimes: from the start up to lap 21 I ran 1’49”s when the soft tyres were fresh. In the end of each stint I got high 1’50”.
In the last stint when you change for hard tyres I got laptimes around 1’51”. But I already had a huge gap built from the 2nd car. So it didn’t matter if my laptimes were slower.

* when in the last stint watch your fuel map. You maybe need to put it on 2.
* I raced with TCS 2 and ASM on. Of course you can be faster without these things.

Hope I helped.

I did the monza race in the amg gr3. fully lightened., but otherwise the way you get it. No power change. Used soft tires. Pitted 8,15,22. ran softs 1st 2, then mediums and a full tank for last stint. Won easy. I had a HUGE spin, off in the dirt, had to reverse away from the wall about half way through. The tires were wrecked at the end of each stint. 1.46s, but did get into 1.52s at the end when the tires were going away. Still won by about 45seconds. I limped it home on last lap 1.59 something. Was in lead with 3 to go, Tires were gone and fuel was gone also. It would not have made it another lap.

The AI speed is so weird in these endurance races. In the Porsche race I made my way to the front of the field and a car that had started 11th went "super saiyan" and was going as fast as myself for the whole middle stint of the race. It was like Schumacher vs Hakkinen in the 2000 Japanese Grand Prix with two much faster drivers powering off into the distance mere seconds apart.

I only just managed to pass them on the last few laps of the stint and then bizarrely despite me going further into the stint (to make the last stint shorter and faster) they were lapping about 5 seconds a lap slower despite me being on 11/12 lap old tyres and them being on brand new tyres. Things got stranger after that and instead of going quicker again they seemed to be channeling the spirit of Luca Badoer and produced a sequence of truly abysmal laps which by my calculations were 15 seconds a lap slower than my final stint!

On my final stint another chasing car did go "super saiyan" for a few laps and started catching (25 down to 20 in three laps) including a fastest lap of the race but seemed to drop off dramatically after a few laps and in the end I extended my lead to around 1:20 which again means they was going over 10 seconds a lap slower for no apparent reason.

The pace of the AI is just a total lottery and unfortunately ruins any rhythm or strategy you might want to employ.

How about for the Porsche 911 endurance race, what is the suggested strategy? Already upgraded the car fully with mileage points. What type of tires, when for pit stops, and any other settings changes (gears, suspension, etc).

dam, tried the hitler mobile endurance. That thing is a piece of ****, just like in real life. twitchy as hell, etc... glorified vw is all they are. Commissioned by the furher himself. Only things they are good at is looking good and spreading girls legs. My lambo did that better anyway. They should have a used car/junkyard lot. send em back to ea. the peoples wagon is just that. A square back, non handling crap. they suck in lfe so i guess it may be a simulation.

I have gold on all of the endurance races and got first place on first try on all of them. My strategy is simple.
Fuel Map 1, hard racing tires, upgrade to full power on the car you are driving and make it as light as possible. Have a god pace.

I finally won the gr.1 endurance on the Nurburgring. After finishing 18th on my first (complete) race I wasn't feeling very confident but even with 2 major screw-ups I managed to win this race with a 5 second gap on the second car ;). My best lap was 1.44.665 and I did 33 laps in 1h 33 sec. So if you are an average driver like me, this how I did it: I used the Porsche 919 Hybrid with stage 3 weight reduction. Don't bother about spending miles on power because you can only downtune your car. I used traction control level 2 and no stability control. Started off in fuel map 2 on hard tires. In lap 15 I switched to FM1 because I still had enough fuel but my tires weren't that good anymore. After 21 laps I did my pitstop while I was driving in 9th position. After that I fell back to 15th position. I switched to normal tires and from that point I was 3 to 4 seconds faster per lap and I was in the lead at lap 31. So even with being pushed into the tires at the last chicane by a Nissan in lap 10 and overshooting the first turn in lap 29 I had some good fun with this event.

good advice. I guess I was/am just frustrated. My cousin owns a porch, well 2, (thats where they belong) and wont shut up about how great he thinks it is. Won't race it It is a queen. My mustang is faster around a racetrack. My brother has a bug, both of those cars suck. I just need to be patient and gentile. I will try again. Sorry for the rant. I am just real passionate about cars and sometimes (more than not) it comes out more than it should. If I want a pretty car I will buy a picture, if i want a fast car I will build it. My drag car, a mustang, runs low 8s 1/4 mile, no bottle. all motor, but has a twin for a road course. It does have 750ish kits (2) on it, but never used on the dyno, non-promod. And yes a 4bolt ford motor it does go through head gaskets almost as fast as fuel. It is O-ringed, studded and metal head gaskets. It burns itself around 1100 feet.. But yes a full tube chassis around (wink.wink) 2300lb car and its a small block ford. And....NO, magnets do not stick to it, it is carbon, or I call it plastic, 460 inch about, but looking at it, 302 comes to mind. lol. I take it to the grocery store. My bro.s daughter used it to pass her drivers test. I drive my tore ass (tourass sp?) mostly or my s10 truck. Plus, it is actually somewhat quiet. 1400ish hp, no button. Go figure. Dumb kid, love of cars and stupid enough to spend it. um,,.,.,.,.guilty.

I will try it again, of course, later today. Got some stupid meeting for lunch, and then back at it. Damn I love cars.

edit: Crap, I turned myself on..meeting might get delayed, gt is calling....hmmm...Ya i am blowing it off. I talked myself out of it. Cars / sports trump almost everything. laugh my ass off. lmao. I am sure some of you guys can relate.

Last edited:
Back