Endurance races have a MAJOR bug

United States
United States
If you miss the turn-in to the pits, the game will not let yet back up and re-approach. Even if you get into the pirate on the second try, the game kicks you out & puts you back on the track. First time I noticed this was 50 minutes into an hour race when a car behind me rammed me into the pit wall at the entrance to the pits & I had to put the car into reverse to back down the pit lane. After entering correctly on the second try, the game threw me back onto the track instead of proceeding to the pits. Wouldn't be so bad except I would have had to do a whole lap at Nurburgring while out of gas. UNACCEPTABLE! FIX THE DAMN GAME! Oh, and by the way, what's with the NPC cars constantly ramming a player from behind?????? They don't ram each other, and GT Sport is constantly HARPING on TRACK ETIQUETTE. GT Sport even has a "sportsmanship" rating to enforce this.. How about showing some track etiquette and sportsmanship in your NPC cars????????

I've never had an AI car ram me, they are usually too slow and brake a parsec before they have to. You could be braking too early or cutting in on them.

1636663240060.jpeg

I checked a couple of replays and found the AI don't actually ram you, they just basically drive as if your not there. No idea how you could be close to an AI on that track near the end. You can't handicap the Porsche enough and GR3 should be easy enough.

I had this on the pit entry at Autopolis. Was cruising along with a 12s lead 35 mins into an hour race, hit the wall, spun, got reset 1 lap behind the rest of the field... The wierdest bit was I didn't lose track position, but my delta dropped to 50s behind the car who had been in second and I was all of a sudden 20/20!

Last edited:
I posted about the AI possibly being dirty a couple of years ago. In this clip the AI car appears to turn into the back of me instead of passing, though most replies agreed it was likely a coincidence (an attempt to follow a set course I was in the way of). If the AI was programmed to be dirty (why would Kaz want that?) I think there would be way more evidence but at the time I was totally sure they had it in for me!

Used to happen all the time at Bathurst, that is people punting you at pit entry, casing you to get reset past the entrance and have to do a lap on fumes before being able to pit. PD scrapped the need for fuel in sport mode so that solved that....

An yes, the AI will ram you. They get a magic speed boost after you pass them, double so when lapping them. If you drive in an under powered car (to get some competition) you can easily get rammed by the AI overshooting a corner. It took me 4 or 5 attempts to get the clean race bonus on the Suzuka endurance race in down tuned car. (Went for the highest possible single pay out, not hard to win at a lower class, but hard to stay out of the way of the AI when they all start driving like idiots. Slow ones in front, pushy 'activated' ones behind)

Latest Posts

Back