Endurance Races vs PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nandy001
  • 5 comments
  • 804 views
Messages
1
Messages
Nandy001
Hi. I'm wondering for how long my PS3 runs in optimal conditions on Endurance races. To advance, I need tons of XP and I have to complete again and again some of the Endurance races. To level up faster, I left my PS3 on for 2 days, doing the Endurance B-Spec races. After a little break, I put Bob behind the wheel again. I reached the 3th day without stopping the console, and it's doing fine. Not overheating or anyithing. So, how many days can a PS3 run without damage, or YLOD, whatever?
 
Your PS3 can stay on INDEFINITELY provided it is not allowed to overheat. ALL computers are best left on, provided you aren't overly worried about your electric bill. The act of starting up a computer sends surges through the circuitry which reduces lifespan, and as well the chips are made of silicon which will eventually develop microscopic fissures from the heating/cooling which comes from turning off and on. If left on, the fan on the PS3 keeps it a constant temperature IF the area which the PS3 is not too hot (i.e. near a heat-vent, or in a closed-up cabinet, or in an area that receives direct sunlight). Make sure the vents are kept clean, too, especially if you have pets or hate dusting, or both.

Many people (search this forum) never turn off any of their electronics, many others prefer to save energy. FYI, you can go to Wikipedia and look up "PS3 power consumption" and see what your machine eats, depending on the model (earlier models are vasty more power-hungry). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_hardware

If you think about it, all mainframes, business computers, bank computers, etc. are never turned off.

My advice to you:
1. Keep your PS3 in a cool place.
2. Buy a nice surge protector (I use a Monster brand) to insure that the power is cleaner.
3. If you really want to be sure, purchase a battery backup/surge protector/power filter. This will not only give your PS3 the longest lifespan, but will as well protect you from killing yourself if your power goes out in the 23rd hour of LeMans.:ouch:
 
Last edited:
I know people that leave it on months at a time since they use them as media servers. Mine has been on pretty much 24/7 since GT5 came out. I always lol at people that think leaving it on like a week will kill it.
 
Hi. I'm wondering for how long my PS3 runs in optimal conditions on Endurance races. To advance, I need tons of XP and I have to complete again and again some of the Endurance races. To level up faster, I left my PS3 on for 2 days, doing the Endurance B-Spec races. After a little break, I put Bob behind the wheel again. I reached the 3th day without stopping the console, and it's doing fine. Not overheating or anyithing. So, how many days can a PS3 run without damage, or YLOD, whatever?

There's no set number. Mine was on for 25 straight days and there were no issues whatsoever.
 
my blu ray drive died about a day after le mans 24hrs race....
 
Back