Endurance Races?

• Thread starter Fetz1234
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
First of all, i love playing Gran Turismo 7.
Love the Weather system, the day and night cycles the cars the race tracks, the audio, the gameplay...

But ffs why...? Why did they put tracks like 24h Nürburgring, LeMans, Mount Panorama etc. etc. in the Game and have NO endurance races for them???
I mean 24 MINUTES of LeMans???

So much missed opportunities.
Annother example why have Gr1 Cars and no Championchip for them or more than 3 Races?
Or more than 4 Gr3 Races???
Or a few more Championships...

I am dissappointed because of the lack of content...

Am i the only one that feels this way? Please let me know.
Hope ur having a nice day! =)

You've basically touched on many issues that people have been complaining about since launch - early March 2022. All of your points and suggestions are valid.

Unfortunately, Polyphony seemed to have gone down the road of drip-feeding players with monthly updates that add only minor content and a few fixes. Long gone are the days of getting a GT game that has 700+ cars and a proper career mode that has LOADS of championships with proper rewards.

If you keep playing GT7, I'm sure you will find more things that you'd like improved. I love this game but it's far from perfect.

I guess they feel you can create any race you want with custom race. Payouts are ridiculously low so I understand why people don’t use this function. It’s actually pretty neat, just poorly executed.

I guess they feel you can create any race you want with custom race. Payouts are ridiculously low so I understand why people don’t use this function. It’s actually pretty neat, just poorly executed.
Less the payouts for me, and more the fact the AI in it are fundamentally broken and don't know how to use full throttle. Quite the conundrum.

Less the payouts for me, and more the fact the AI in it are fundamentally broken and don't know how to use full throttle. Quite the conundrum.
Oh, well due to the payout disparity, I don't use this function much. I'm not well versed in the other flaws. I fully support your complaint.

Plus the rubberbanding that you can't remove. Saw that Rory guy on YT do a couple of custom endurance races, he fell behind by almost 4 minutes because he had to do a lap with 0 fuel. In just 10 laps at Bathurst he caught up. So ~24 seconds a lap faster. Then once back in 1st, the same AI starts going 3 - 5 seconds a lap faster than Rory. So nearly a 30 second swing in pace per lap. Silly.

Yeah, real endurance races are desperately missing. 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24 hours etc. 30 minutes with 10X tyre wear isn’t endurance, it’s a pain in the ass, especially with the stupidly high wear.

Last edited:
Back