Endurance Racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter panchito401
  • 12 comments
  • 1,019 views
Messages
33
Messages
panchito401
I was wondering what all your thoughts were about endurance events in online mode. Do you think we would get any with prologue or GT5?

We'll get them in standard mode for GT5, but they're so goddamn easy when playing against the AI.

Im sure it would be lame if a bunch of people quit during the races, but I wouldn't mind driving them. Or at least a race long enough to require a couple pit stops for fuel and tires. I'd like to think I'm fairly good at saving my tires and love that facet of the game.

-f
 
I would love to have a 16 car endurance race with up to 5 drivers in each team.
With driver changes and all. But that's just a pipe dream I'm afraid.
 
I would love to have a 16 car endurance race with up to 5 drivers in each team.
With driver changes and all. But that's just a pipe dream I'm afraid.

That is a GREAT idea! I never even thought of that. Thats friggin' awesome.

You'd probably have to miracle it into action, but still... Badass.

-f
 
It would be great to have endurance races in prologue but I fear they're gonna be saved for the full game:(

The longest race I been in was when there was a 5 lap race of suzuka on the japanese version. What kind of length would be accepted in online play though? Polyphony have made 7 events for beginner, intermediate and expert so surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for just one of them to be a 'longer' race:nervous:
 
I would love to have a 16 car endurance race with up to 5 drivers in each team.
With driver changes and all. But that's just a pipe dream I'm afraid.

Maybe not that big but lets say a 70 lap suzuka with 5 teams and 3 drivers each, and while you're driving your teammates can tell you how the other drivers are doing or any useful info.

I now it's a bit impossible with the online as it is, but i think it would be one hell of a challenge.
 
With a bit of co-ordination you could have a 3 lap team dash with the current online as is
.. Am I correct that the pits are open on Suzuka and Fuji ? if not this post is pointless : )

Lets suppose each team has 2 drivers, Driver A and Driver B and as many teams as you can get together from GTP.
From the rolling start at Suzuka (for example) each teams Driver-A takes the first lap.
Driver-B's pull to the right of the track, and then drives into Pit Lane exit, turns around and waits for his team mate to come into the pits, tags/bumps/slams/stops and then Racer-B then heads out for their lap and repeats... obviously this would work better with a team of 3 once you manage to get enough GTP racers into a room and have teamspeak running.

I cant recall if your speed is limited in PitLane cause I am at work and cant test.. but this would make a somewhat interesting "quick" team shootout.... just a thought
 
I tried it on Forza, but then again, most people quit after lap one when they realize either:

A: They can't win
B: They broke their car (LOL @ Fake damage), or...
C: A combination of A and B

But I like the idea. Especially racing in turns. I'd go 100 laps, assuming we had a pit stop every 25 laps or whatever it works out to, and be able to switch off with someone to take a breather, eat, use the bathroom, and coach you a bit.
 
Online driver changes would be the coolest feature PD could add to GT, cooler then damage, weather, or day/night changes
 
Online driver changes would be the coolest feature PD could add to GT, cooler then damage, weather, or day/night changes

Could you imagine the crushing heartbreak if everything was going so well and you kitty littered the car and lost the event on your last turn. Oh noes just went to a whole new level, and now I have to apologize to my buddy driver who's sure to look like :mad::banghead:
 
Could you imagine the crushing heartbreak if everything was going so well and you kitty littered the car and lost the event on your last turn. Oh noes just went to a whole new level, and now I have to apologize to my buddy driver who's sure to look like :mad::banghead:

I crashed a car out in the 2nd hour of an online 24 hours of lemans race because my screen minimized

It felt really bad, and I haven't got over it to this day even though it really wasn't my fault. The worst part was getting on the radio and telling your 2 other teammates the car is gone...but on the bright side those first 2 hours were the most fun I've ever had in a racing game

Thankfully we had a second car and all 6 drivers took turns at the wheel. We lasted 17 hours until a bug in the track wrecked the car



Just make sure you pick teammates who realize endurance is more important then speed and can keep it inbetween the curbs. I spun once in my 4 hours of driving in that race, a harmless 40mph spin in the ford chicanes
 
i was thinking about this too. once polyphony creates private rooms it might be possible as long as they allow us to set the number of laps.99 laps on sazuka or fuji would be a fun couple of hours cuz even if you do manage to go off track you still have the ability to win the race cuz theres still a whole lot more race to go. though i never thought about driver change that would be so kick ass
 
Don't want to play enduro's with potential punters. Maybe a nice 10-20 lap race would be cool though.
 
Once there are private rooms, hopefully we can try that pit stop idea or hell, just park the car on the side of the grid and have driver #1 stop in front of driver #2 and that could be the send off, once he comes to a complete stop. It would be tough to know who is in the lead though... since once a driver stopped and another picked back up, they would be at zero laps... but damn fun if we could figure it out.

I would love to see this built into the game. I would only race endurance races if this was the case. I would have no problem throwing down the controller, cracking a beer, and watching a friend do laps for an hour from replay camera with voice chat from the "pits" and by pits i mean bar... and then picking up where they left off. I think thats the best idea I've ever heard for this game, honestly moondancer. Maybe GT6? I hope they are reading this.

earth>>> right on point man. better than wet. better than sunrise and sunsets. which i hope is a feature of GT5 for endurance races. sun blinding your windscreen... that would be badass.

-f
 
Back