Endurances - why such a high level?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScouserInExile
  • 46 comments
  • 4,241 views
Are any of the endrance races even hard? I mean do they actually challenge you, or just test your ability to conquer boredom.

i don't see how they can make it perfect for everyone going by the way they set things up at the moment. the grand valley 300 is a fantastic race filled with the cars i want to drive against in a similar car, but 60 laps means that unless it has some way of knowing how fast you will lap with a specific car you could easily finish 60 seconds ahead, or 60 seconds behind the fastest AI car, where on a normal 4 lap race you may think 4 seconds is not that much of a deal.

I sympathies with PD, and i know none of us would really want "cheating" rubber band AI in order to make it artificially close.
 
The need to repeat the same races over and over post level 35 is ridiculous no matter how you look at it. If I'm able to win the 24hr Le Mans, I should be able to proceed to the 24hr Nurburgring.
 
The leveling system as it is was made to discourage grinding, the problem is theres some really sad people in the world who view at as a problem and must grind more instead of dragging the game itself out further and enjoying it.
Then it was a terrible idea.

1. People have the right to play however they want
2. If PD didn't want grinding, why limit choices?

A solution to grinding that isn't obviously wrong from the start would be higher paying races.

Playing the game "in order" isn't anymore enjoyable, and it does nothing for longevity if it isn't enjoyable. The fact is, getting around the intended path is far more enjoyable for many. Anything that keeps those people from having fun is a failed system.

Once people make elaborate posts on how it takes too long to "Level Up" it shows me the level system works perfectly fine, its the impatient people who are broken.

The leveling system is not fine. You being fine with it does not make it fine. The fact that people complain about is a strong indication that it is not fine. What is impatient? Playing a way different from how you choose to play?

The entire unlocking thing is illogical. The point of the game is to drive, yet it tries to limit you as much as possible in what you can drive. Every second I've spent earning credits and XP has been time wasted since I was not able to play (as in enjoy) the game. I never needed any "guiding hand" telling me when and how I can drive online or off, so restricting me through levels never served any purpose. And I know I'm not the only one who was in that boat.
 
The least that PD could do would be to move the Lv 40 Endurance.

Depending on you driving ability the game can demand grinding if you want to get hold of every car. I have yet to get anywhere with the Vettel Challenge as I am still having difficulty in consistently controlling the X2010. Fortunately a Friend offered to trade me one so I can at least proactice in it without any fear of getting disqualified. SImilarly with some of the other Challenges with regard to getting anything approaching a Gold. Licenses the same. In previous games the best I could ever achieve was the first couple of licenses to Gold standard. This time I have yet to complete the S license (3 tests short) because to be honest overtaking cars with the spectre of disqualification hanging over the proceedings is not my idea of fun.

I am Lv 33 and the Seasonals are only capable of making a small dent in my progress. A fair number of those levels have been taken up with driving various cars around Rome for 99K cr. and 4.7K Exp.
 
Then it was a terrible idea.

1. People have the right to play however they want

You have the right to play the game in the intention that it was ment to be played under the limitations of the game in question. You have essentially no right to tell the game developer how they should, or should not design the game. Buying something does not give you an instant corperate say in the design of the product.



2. If PD didn't want grinding, why limit choices?

In what way? You have a ridiculous amount of choices to make in the game, each event in A-Spec and B-Spec has a choice between 16 and almost limitless number of different models of vehicle (beyond FGT) which allows for a limitless amount of play combinations.

"Grinding" For the highest level possible for the fastest cars possible to end the game as quickly as possible and then complaining that it took too long only shows that the developer did exactly what they intended to do;

Increase the length of playtime to discourage quick completion.


A solution to grinding that isn't obviously wrong from the start would be higher paying races.

Why? so you can "Grind" easier?

Playing the game "in order" isn't anymore enjoyable, and it does nothing for longevity if it isn't enjoyable. The fact is, getting around the intended path is far more enjoyable for many. Anything that keeps those people from having fun is a failed system.

People who try to quick-complete games impose these limits solely on themselves, and bring the complaints on themselves. If you weren't so concerned with beating a videogame as soon as humanly and physically possible or trying to get the most virtual money as soon as humanly and physically possible there would be more enjoyment.



The leveling system is not fine. You being fine with it does not make it fine. The fact that people complain about is a strong indication that it is not fine. What is impatient? Playing a way different from how you choose to play?

The definition of impatient;

im·pa·tient Adjective /imˈpāSHənt/
Synonyms:

* adjective: eager, restless, intolerant, agog, restive

*
Having or showing a tendency to be quickly irritated or provoked
o
an impatient motorist blaring his horn
o
she was impatient with any restriction


This describes the vast majority of completionists, elitists, trophy horders, and pretty much every single person whose launched a complaint thread in the past three months about the game.


The entire unlocking thing is illogical. The point of the game is to drive, yet it tries to limit you as much as possible in what you can drive.

The game limits you in what you can drive? How? You can take an X1 to the Sunday Cup for crying out loud.

Every second I've spent earning credits and XP has been time wasted since I was not able to play (as in enjoy) the game. I never needed any "guiding hand" telling me when and how I can drive online or off, so restricting me through levels never served any purpose. And I know I'm not the only one who was in that boat.

If you find the way the game is put together disastifying, have you considered doing something productive, like playing another game? I assure you, you need not torture yourself by playing a game you do not find 'fun' anymore because you broke it by rushing through it.
 
i wouldnt mind the endurance races so much if they had a damn save feature in them. i dont have the patience anymore to sit around and do the same track for hours on end.

for the last week now, ive been grinding out my B spec driver so i can get an X1, and be done with the A spec endurance races. what a joke thats become.... 10hrs of racing to go from 31 to 32? and now 16hrs to get to 33...
 
i wouldnt mind the endurance races so much if they had a damn save feature in them. i dont have the patience anymore to sit around and do the same track for hours on end.

If they had a save feature and let people play them in 20 min chunks and reload whenever they made a mistake then they wouldn't be endurance races now would they?

for the last week now, ive been grinding out my B spec driver so i can get an X1, and be done with the A spec endurance races. what a joke thats become.... 10hrs of racing to go from 31 to 32? and now 16hrs to get to 33...

right....because they game would be so much better if they just gave you everything on day one /sarcasm.

Seriously.....your complaining because it took you 10 hours of gameplay to level up. Were you thinking you should be able to finish the entire game in the first week?
 
The definition of impatient;

im·pa·tient Adjective /imˈpāSHənt/
Synonyms:

* adjective: eager, restless, intolerant, agog, restive

*
Having or showing a tendency to be quickly irritated or provoked
o
an impatient motorist blaring his horn
o
she was impatient with any restriction


This describes the vast majority of completionists, elitists, trophy horders, and pretty much every single person whose launched a complaint thread in the past three months about the game.


Oh yeah, we are all impatient.

Hm, can I ask you something? I forgot how many times you have to do the LeMans24 to reach lv40 from lv35 for Nürburgring24, can you help me with that a little bit? 5 times or 7 times?

Ok, we have soooo many people on this board complaining about the XP/Money (reward) system. But one user (Shinzah) says its all fine, the players are the problem.
Case closed, we are all just dumb, impatient grinders who have no intend to enjoy the game.


I really wanted to race a 330P4 badly, but I will never ever be able to get 20M credits. I also wanted to do the Nürburgring24 with a competitive and not overpowered car, but I will never reach lvl40 and I won`t be able to do this race without save option. Pausing is no option, Im not the only one who uses my PS3...
 
However, the endurance races seem quite out of place being at the level they are at. The rewards, both in terms of cash and the prize car, seem to be much lower levels - I would say that the first couple would better suit around level 10-12 and would actually logically fit, in that the prize cars would be useful around that level.

It's also the first time where I've actually had to do some grinding, since the gap between the 4th and 5th endurances is so big.

Not sure where I'm going with this now, I just thought I'd share my thoughts and see if anyone agrees or if I'm some kind of weird mentalist...
I think the Endurances are fine at level 25, ie the last thing to open.

I have always ignored prize cars, likewise look how easy it is to get the Mazda Furai.

Grinding = the XP problem, I am not sure whether PD are lazy in their game levelling design, it is a 'japanese thing', or quite simply in the rush to put an unfinished game out of the door no-one actually sat and played it.

Through an in race save option, mandated weather changes and real rather than low grip the 24Hr Nurburgring could have been the ultimate finish to GT5, rather than just another grind.

fwiw I think the best endurance is the 4hr Nurburgring.
 
The people who do the X1 challenge and medal it in any fashion don't have to worry so much about the spread. Also seasonals add balance.

The leveling system as it is was made to discourage grinding, the problem is theres some really sad people in the world who view at as a problem and must grind more instead of dragging the game itself out further and enjoying it.

Since mid december I'd had alot of time to play GT5 and I'm level 33 A-Spec and 23 B-Spec, I've not grinded more then doing the same race over once or twice for the purposes of buying cars I really want or golding events I've not golded. I've never felt compelled to do a race 342524525423 times to get a free X1 (Which I earned in A-Spec special events) or to reach level 40 in the fastest possible timeframe.

Once people make elaborate posts on how it takes too long to "Level Up" it shows me the level system works perfectly fine, its the impatient people who are broken.

You won't be saying this when you get to the stage of going from Level 35-40.

I'm currently at Level 34 A-Spec and Level 39 B-Spec. I have yet to grind in A-Spec and I think it is possible to get to Level 36 without repeating any events. However the grind is ridiculous after that and especially for B-Spec. They should have really made the Nurburgring 24HR a level 37 or 38 event as it would have reduced the need for grinding somewhat.

Grinding is compulsory to get to Level 40 on B-Spec. Sure on A-Spec if you play online all the time and keep on doing the seasonal events for months on end, you might get to Level 40 from Level 36 in like 3-4 months. However on B-Spec you have the option of doing 12 x 24hr races to go up 5 levels or do grinding for cash for many months before you get to Level 40. You may think waiting about 12 days to unlock the next event being just patient but many of us think it is a broken level system or some events must of been pulled. Sure it shows commitment of running your PS3 for 12 days straight but it is not a challenge for yourself but for your PS3. That is not what a game should encourage. Kaz thinks adding a fast forward option is a bit sad for endurance events, then more or less forcing us to run our PS3 24hrs straight to achieve the same goal with the same difficulty level is just as sad.

I think they should of kept fast forward option but added limitations to cars used so 24hr races on B-Spec can't be overpowered and you have to remain tactical to win. This would add a challenge to us, not to the PS3 of how long it can survive. They should have really done this for both A-Spec and B-Spec like the first few seasonal events but it is obvious the game events were rushed.

If you still think the levelling system is fine, then you are part of the minority on this board. The only way it will ever be fine is the game gets an update and adds missing events required to reach Level 40 without needing to grind continuously even if you golded all the events.
 
I dont have a problem with the endurance races starting at level 25. What annoys me is having to do the same events 3/4 times to level up and more if the its skips a level.
 
I dont have a problem with the endurance races starting at level 25. What annoys me is having to do the same events 3/4 times to level up and more if the its skips a level.

I do. From using the FGT and Toyota Minolta at Level 24 and 25 I then go on to a race that I where the other cars are just road cars that are about level 5 class.

The first few endurances races should be unlocked at about lvl 10.
 
I do. From using the FGT and Toyota Minolta at Level 24 and 25 I then go on to a race that I where the other cars are just road cars that are about level 5 class.

The first few endurances races should be unlocked at about lvl 10.

So someone agrees with me then?

Was thinking about this over the weekend, mostly because I went to put my PS3 on, thought about what I was going to need to do and then put the TV on instead. I think my biggest problem is that this is the first time I've actually been forced to grind. Even in B-spec, where I didn't have the luxury of the seasonal events' massive XP boosts, I've not had to do the same races multiple times to reach this point (though that isn't strictly true - I had to repeat the Dream Car, Historic and FGT championships because BOB wasn't quite good enough to win them first time). But now Bob would need to run the Indy500 a handful of times to be able to be entered into the next series. Which is why the PS3 wasn't switched on over the weekend.
 
The game itself was put out of whack with the levelling, should only need to do each race once. However the Endurance races were not put out of whack in terms of when you unlock them. The game is easy to pass through the halls from Beginner to Extreme.



Congratulations, you found a way to ruin a game. Feel proud?

@ Scouser - Exactly.


For the last time................

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO REPEAT YOUR PROGRESS! If you finished/golded all the extreme events, you should automatically unlock the next event. Having to repeat an event over and over again is ridiculous. Not only is it boring, but who has time? :ouch:
 
Being that this is my first GT game, I do feel that the level system is broken for A-spec but B-spec is fine. B-spec allows you to enter an over powered car into a race to get a free win and free credits. I am currentley level 34 B-spec and going for 35 just to get the X1. I do not think i will go to 40 because I dont like leaving the playstation on for long poeriods. The longest I have done is the 9 hour enderunce race. The prize cars in the game however suck. EveTry prize car should be a premium car. The standard cars in this game just ruin it for me. The only reason I want the X1 is for fast credit grinding to get me some more cars.
 
The entire endurance structure should be blown up and reworked. Picture this:

Every hall of events has their normal nine events, plus one locked endurance race. You can unlock the endurance race by first golding all nine events in the hall. You don't NEED to beat the endurance race, or even unlock it, to go to the next hall if you have enough XP.

The first hall could have the four hour roadster endurance as the final race. Four more endurance races could be created, or transferred from the current endurance hall, to finish off the other four event halls.

The endurance hall would unlock at level 25 with the same nine-plus-one structure created above, but every race after the first is locked. Each new endurance race would simply unlock after you win the previous race, regardless of your level.

In total, six new endurance races would need to be created. A Daytona 500 would make sense somewhere before the Indy 500. A 24-hours of Daytona would make a nice event to run before LeMans. A few races at city courses like Madrid and Rome would be fun. Obviously, the Nurburgring 24 hours would be the tenth and final race in the hall.

Once you've completed all the races, you can determine your own path to level 40 at your leisure, without feeling like you are missing out on better events.
 
The entire endurance structure should be blown up and reworked. Picture this:

Every hall of events has their normal nine events, plus one locked endurance race. You can unlock the endurance race by first golding all nine events in the hall. You don't NEED to beat the endurance race, or even unlock it, to go to the next hall if you have enough XP.

The first hall could have the four hour roadster endurance as the final race. Four more endurance races could be created, or transferred from the current endurance hall, to finish off the other four event halls.

The endurance hall would unlock at level 25 with the same nine-plus-one structure created above, but every race after the first is locked. Each new endurance race would simply unlock after you win the previous race, regardless of your level.

In total, six new endurance races would need to be created. A Daytona 500 would make sense somewhere before the Indy 500. A 24-hours of Daytona would make a nice event to run before LeMans. A few races at city courses like Madrid and Rome would be fun. Obviously, the Nurburgring 24 hours would be the tenth and final race in the hall.

Once you've completed all the races, you can determine your own path to level 40 at your leisure, without feeling like you are missing out on better events.

This is the way I thought things should be done. They way they are structured at the mo just makes no sense.
 
Back