- 1,127

- New Orleans, LA
- GasolineJunkee; babygangstayurd
Hey, my purpose of this thread is to make a list of some good cars and their setups to make for some close races for the enduros. We can always get a car that is far ahead of the competition but where's the challenge in that? This is for those people who want to keep them exciting and pretty close.
I will add setups to the list as I come up with some and I will try to be as specific as possible but I won't be able to add them too quick so please send some of your setups that you've used for some exciting racing. Please try to keep them in the below format, and I will add them to the front page.
Endurance race name :
Car used :
HP:
Tires:
Total time:
Pit Laps:
AI pit laps:
Margin of Victory:
Modifications done: List here what was done to the car - turbos, tune up, weight reduction, etc.
Assists used:
Feel free to tell us about the experience if you want. Was it exciting? Did the car handle good, bad?
If you can't remember everything from the race, that's ok. Put down what you do. This is meant to be a guide so people can come and have some fun with the endurance races and try out your setups.
I just got done with Laguna Seca Endurance and I gotta say it was one of the funnest races I did in a while! It happened on accident really. I took my slightly modified Camaro SS '10 to the track. I put racing hards on it, bought the Customizable tranny, Customizable suspension, did an oil change, put in the Racing chip, the Racing Air Filter, and Racing Exhaust. This put me above the AI according to the Lineup. I wasn't really trying to make a real close race. Oh and at the last minute, I bought the chassis stabilizer and changed my camber to give me some extra grip.
Well when the race started I noticed right away that it was hard to turn the car. I thought this is wierd. The stabilizer and camber change should make it better in the turns! So I kept on going, passing the first place car at the beginning of lap 3. I slowly increased my lead and knew that I wouldn't have enough of a lead to keep it when I pit. And the AI barely ever pits.
So I had about a 18 second lead when the grip really got the best of me. I spun out a little and my lead was cut to 5 seconds. Now I had a choice, try to make it to lap 30 so I would only have to pit twice, or pit soon and then I would have to pit 3 times. My tires were barely 3/4 of the way down and I decided that I might as well pit now, on lap 23. The AI passed me.
I kept on catching up though little by little. He didn't pit until lap 35 and once he did I passed him back up. I pitted again on lap 46 and got passed up again. I got within 7 seconds before pitting again on lap 68. The AI pitted on lap 72 I believe. I was now behind a good bit, maybe 20 seconds because I had an issue where I braked too late and went in the sand. So now I had 20 seconds to make up in about 17 laps. Should be a piece of cake.
It was until I got close to the leading AI car. I got nervous and screwed up on lap 84. Not too bad though. I beat the lead car by 9.8 seconds. That was fun! It could've been alot more of a Margin of Victory cause I did make a few mistakes and I try very hard not to bump any of the AI cars and I definitely don't dive bomb them.
I just couldn't believe how bad the car was handling, even on fresh tires. It felt like the car was like a tank. I went to the tuning option in my garage after the race and noticed that I was using Sports Hard tires.

So while I made a foolish mistake, it allowed for some fun driving.
So here is my setup:
Endurance race name : Laguna Seca Endurance
Car used : Camaro SS '10
HP: 501
Tires: Sports Hard
Total time: Not Sure
Pit Laps: 23, 46, 68
AI pit laps: 35, 72
Margin of Victory: 9.8 seconds
Modifications done: Oil change, Customizable tranny, Customizable suspension, put in the Racing chip, the Racing Air Filter, and Racing Exhaust. I also did a Stage 1 Weight Reduction.
Assists used: ABS 1.
Hopefully there are enough people interested in this!!
I will add setups to the list as I come up with some and I will try to be as specific as possible but I won't be able to add them too quick so please send some of your setups that you've used for some exciting racing. Please try to keep them in the below format, and I will add them to the front page.
Endurance race name :
Car used :
HP:
Tires:
Total time:
Pit Laps:
AI pit laps:
Margin of Victory:
Modifications done: List here what was done to the car - turbos, tune up, weight reduction, etc.
Assists used:
Feel free to tell us about the experience if you want. Was it exciting? Did the car handle good, bad?
If you can't remember everything from the race, that's ok. Put down what you do. This is meant to be a guide so people can come and have some fun with the endurance races and try out your setups.
I just got done with Laguna Seca Endurance and I gotta say it was one of the funnest races I did in a while! It happened on accident really. I took my slightly modified Camaro SS '10 to the track. I put racing hards on it, bought the Customizable tranny, Customizable suspension, did an oil change, put in the Racing chip, the Racing Air Filter, and Racing Exhaust. This put me above the AI according to the Lineup. I wasn't really trying to make a real close race. Oh and at the last minute, I bought the chassis stabilizer and changed my camber to give me some extra grip.
Well when the race started I noticed right away that it was hard to turn the car. I thought this is wierd. The stabilizer and camber change should make it better in the turns! So I kept on going, passing the first place car at the beginning of lap 3. I slowly increased my lead and knew that I wouldn't have enough of a lead to keep it when I pit. And the AI barely ever pits.
So I had about a 18 second lead when the grip really got the best of me. I spun out a little and my lead was cut to 5 seconds. Now I had a choice, try to make it to lap 30 so I would only have to pit twice, or pit soon and then I would have to pit 3 times. My tires were barely 3/4 of the way down and I decided that I might as well pit now, on lap 23. The AI passed me.
I kept on catching up though little by little. He didn't pit until lap 35 and once he did I passed him back up. I pitted again on lap 46 and got passed up again. I got within 7 seconds before pitting again on lap 68. The AI pitted on lap 72 I believe. I was now behind a good bit, maybe 20 seconds because I had an issue where I braked too late and went in the sand. So now I had 20 seconds to make up in about 17 laps. Should be a piece of cake.
It was until I got close to the leading AI car. I got nervous and screwed up on lap 84. Not too bad though. I beat the lead car by 9.8 seconds. That was fun! It could've been alot more of a Margin of Victory cause I did make a few mistakes and I try very hard not to bump any of the AI cars and I definitely don't dive bomb them.
I just couldn't believe how bad the car was handling, even on fresh tires. It felt like the car was like a tank. I went to the tuning option in my garage after the race and noticed that I was using Sports Hard tires.
So here is my setup:
Endurance race name : Laguna Seca Endurance
Car used : Camaro SS '10
HP: 501
Tires: Sports Hard
Total time: Not Sure
Pit Laps: 23, 46, 68
AI pit laps: 35, 72
Margin of Victory: 9.8 seconds
Modifications done: Oil change, Customizable tranny, Customizable suspension, put in the Racing chip, the Racing Air Filter, and Racing Exhaust. I also did a Stage 1 Weight Reduction.
Assists used: ABS 1.
Hopefully there are enough people interested in this!!