Engine and Chassis Rebuilding

  • Thread starter Thread starter raybob95
  • 4 comments
  • 664 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
9
Messages
raybob95
How often should it be done?

I have a heavily modified M3 with almost 2,000 miles on it, and as far as I can tell it doesn't need it but often should rebuilding be done? The car still has its original 590HP and turns the same but someone told me rebuilding should be done every few thousand miles. To me that seems way too often, but then again I have to change the oil every 300-400 miles and in real life you can go thousands . . .

Anyone got experience with this?

Thanks,
Raybob
 
I'd say rebuild if you can see a noticeable difference in performance, and you don't want to live with it. There's no point spending a lot of money (sometimes a rebuild costs as much as the car new), for negligible differences. A lot of my grinding cars are still on their first engine. Still winning by a margin. No need to rebuild.
 
I don't know about chassis rebuild, but engine rebuild doesn't have to be done until you hit at least 8,000 km, then you start to slowly lose HP. Even at 50,000 km, my X2010 is only at 1480 something I think. Maybe a little less.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back