Engine break-in after rebuild?

ProjectTuning
I just did my first engine refresh on a used car this morning and just wanted to verify ... after the rebuild, you can still change the oil and "break in" the new motor and get power gains, right? The power number seems lower now than before the rebuild, but I'm not certain. I also changed the oil right before the rebuild, so I feel that it negated the oil benefit.

No.. Once you rebuild the engine it has clean oil and is at full power to the best of my knowledge.

The engines in GT5 require a run in period before Max BHP is attained.

The engines in GT5 require a run in period before Max BHP is attained.

I know this is true for a new car ... my question is about a refreshed used car with some mileage on it. When the engine is refreshed, does it then act just like a new car? My thoughts say yes, but I wanted to ask.

I know this is true for a new car ... my question is about a refreshed used car with some mileage on it. When the engine is refreshed, does it then act just like a new car? My thoughts say yes, but I wanted to ask.

A rebuilt engine requires being run in, just as a new engine does.

The FGT has 935 after break in with fresh oil. The FGT after Rebuild has 935 so from what I have saw there is no break in period in the game after a rebuild.

My grinding x2010(57k miles ish) has had many rebuilds and it never gains power over the intial figure it gives right after the rebuild.

Also it now comes back with ~3hp less each time its rebuilt, and is now ~20hp down on a 0 miles / oil changed car

My grinding x2010(57k miles ish) has had many rebuilds and it never gains power over the intial figure it gives right after the rebuild.

Also it now comes back with ~3hp less each time its rebuilt, and is now ~20hp down on a 0 miles / oil changed car

heh my x1 around 21,000 miles but I have not rebuilt it yet. I change the oil but its down to 1401hp now won't go any higher. Its just my bob's grinding car so I figure even when it gets to 1200hp they should still easily win.

One thing I did notice is that if I jump in it and drive my wheel is horrible, feels like steering is broken, wheel wobbles, lol prolly need a suspension rebuild.

One thing I did notice is that if I jump in it and drive my wheel is horrible, feels like steering is broken, wheel wobbles, lol prolly need a suspension rebuild.

Definitely, mine was the same when I tried it, completely undriveable on the nordschliefe after 25k miles, and the chassis rebuild fixed it back like new :)

Strangely the broken handling doesn't seem to affect bobs times at all, he does the same laptimes before / after chassis rebuilds 👎

From my tests it looks like a rebuilt engine does not need to be broken in. I'd really like to hear more about the mechanic that makes rebuilds less effective over time, too.

I rebuilt my NASCAR car engine last night because it had only 850 BHP with 2,067.8 miles. After the rebuild it still had 850 BHP. Does anybody know why this is or do I have to break it in again. My brand new NASCAR from the New Car Dealership has 864 BHP. with no mileage.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've answered my own question. I forgot to check the Power Limiter ... DOH :dunce: :boggled: :rolleyes: :banghead:

Last edited:
Back