Engine conversion for my Nissan Bluebird

Jimmy Enslashay

Fox
Staff Emeritus
Messages
6,546
Messages
matthewjlcoleman
I recently got a 1982 Nissan Bluebird (may be a Stanza in U.S.), and I'm looking at an engine conversion w/Turbo amongst other things. Now, I don't want anything over the top, like an SR20DET, but I'm thinking of getting a CA18DET. Any suggestions/tips?


Note: I'm not trying to turn this into a ful drag car, I just want something that will run nicely.
 
got pics? i still need to take some of our stanza...

but umm....im not sure what to tell you.
 
is it front wheel or rear wheel? if it's front that severly limits u're application of engines
 
How is an SR20DET over the top? It's not like a fire-breathing big block strip monster, it's a normal street car motor.
 
Yea, but do you know what type of car this is exactly? It's too much for this car. Also, it's rear wheel drive.
 
I recently got a 1982 Nissan Bluebird (may be a Stanza in U.S.), and I'm looking at an engine conversion w/Turbo amongst other things. Now, I don't want anything over the top, like an SR20DET, but I'm thinking of getting a CA18DET. Any suggestions/tips?


Note: I'm not trying to turn this into a ful drag car, I just want something that will run nicely.

i was under the impression that the bluebird was a 4wd sedan and had an sr20 (non-turbo) at least that was what i pulled an alternator in the junkyard off.

ca18det blocks can be purchased from a nissan-red dealer for about 400usd. a great piece of gear.
 
I have done two SR20DET conversions in bluebird 910's (both 1985's), Its not a hard conversion.
 
Back