Engine Over-revving

• Thread starter SchuMito
  • 11 comments
Malti27
Guys... I'm having a problem with this game.

I play using an automatic transmition. When going out of a slow corner, on 1st or 2nd gear (but mainly on 1st gear) the car spends too much time over revving before switching to the next gear. It is like the car is not getting any traction. You could eliminate this problem by using manual gear change, but I feel more comfortable using automatic.

Anyone solved this issue? (PS: Sorry if someone posted this before, but I've tried to do a search but found nothing).

Thanks

You sure you aren't actually spinning the tyres? It's quite easy to do if you've got traction control off and are using the pad.

Auto is only for shaking a track down but you are never going to get a good grip on a track unless you are shifting. Sometimes you need to short shift to get through a corner and you will never be able to experience that using Auto. The Auto wastes a lot of time being reved out and if you were shifting, you would just shift the thing rather then listen to it losing time.

I play using an automatic transmition. When going out of a slow corner, on 1st or 2nd gear (but mainly on 1st gear) the car spends too much time over revving before switching to the next gear. It is like the car is not getting any traction. You could eliminate this problem by using manual gear change, but I feel more comfortable using automatic.

Anyone solved this issue? (PS: Sorry if someone posted this before, but I've tried to do a search but found nothing).

Thanks

I've noticed that using Auto never switches gear until you hit the max revs on the engine, regardless of traction. If you're slightly under that it stays revving really high.

Thanks

The simplest way to fix this is to learn manual gears. I know it feels alien at first, but you'll be glad you learnt them in the long run, trust me on this.

Yeah, if you can definitely use the sequential option. Also if your using X as gas it's gonna be even more tricky. I use the right analong stick, i can get on the power smoother, and you can go from full throttle to full brake instantly.

Thanks Guys for the reply. No I use my G25. I know that using the Manual Transmition is much cleaner and gives you much better lap times, but you know, I'm kind of a lazy guy hehe :) Thanks for your help :)

Auto is only for shaking a track down but you are never going to get a good grip on a track unless you are shifting. Sometimes you need to short shift to get through a corner and you will never be able to experience that using Auto. The Auto wastes a lot of time being reved out and if you were shifting, you would just shift the thing rather then listen to it losing time.

Plus, over-revving will kill the engine, and so there will be more wear, and less power later on.

I also play auto (for now), but when i play next, im going to try the next practice session using manual. How is it when using a steering wheel, like the DFGT for instance?

I noticed this when I bought it and didn't have my wheel set up in my new house, so I used auto/DS3. It stopped when I inevitably set up my wheel and started using manual.

Thanks Guys for the reply. No I use my G25. I know that using the Manual Transmition is much cleaner and gives you much better lap times, but you know, I'm kind of a lazy guy hehe :) Thanks for your help :)

You've got to learn manual with your G25; you'll enjoy racing so much more; and be quicker :)

Back