Engine Overhaul - my experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 11 comments
  • 2,121 views
Messages
308
France
Toulon
I've been grinding my X2010 constantly for weeks now and i obviously notice the BHP dropping. I normally change the oil and get it back up to a decent power level. The effect of the oil change used to last a long time, but the more i grind, the less time the oil change HP increase lasts. So, time for an engine overhaul. I've never really bothered with this as it seemed extravagant to say the least. In this case though, it has worked wonders. My X2010 was dropping as low as 1420BHP ,the oil change would bump it back to say 1490 but this would drop right back down again after only 5 or 6 races (DCC normally). Now,after an engine overhaul it's back up to a mighty 1553BHP. I'm going to drive the DCC (b-spec) all day today so i'll report back on how long the BHP stays up there.
 
Oh wow. I think mine is around 1380hp. Only the Bobs use it.
 
In My Friend report and My experience (GT-R Super GT Stealth).

The Oil should change every 300-600km, the Oil will starting grey. Turn to dark (Warning Light on) may require 1500 km. this replacement for short term.

Engine Overhaul should done every 1000km, after this milestone, the degrading speed with increased, Oil replacement may not effectively.


I have a simple measures for this situation.

Notice Horse Power before start the race
If the Power drops 50 = Oil Change
If the Power drops 50 and frequency Up = May require Overhaul
If the Power drops 100 and Over = Overhaul

Remember, Engine Overhaul will done Oil Change
 
Last edited:
In My Friend report and My experience (GT-R Super GT Stealth).

The Oil should change every 300-600km, the Oil will starting grey. Turn to dark (Warning Light on) may require 1500 km. this replacement for short term.

Engine Overhaul should done every 1000km, after this milestone, the degrading speed with increased, Oil replacement may not effectively.


I have a simple measures for this situation.

Notice Horse Power before start the race
If the Power drops 50 = Oil Change
If the Power drops 50 and frequency Up = May require Overhaul
If the Power drops 100 and Over = Overhaul

Remember, Engine Overhaul or Body maintenance will done Oil Change and Car wash.

Hey great - you've just saved me some work!
Thanks for your input.
 
I got a FGT @2000miles did engine overhaul and entered the FGT world championship, halfway through the championship i lost 100bhp meaning i couldnt keep up with the AI. After finishing the championship i gave it another overhaul 500,000(or something high) each time and entered one race, in that race i lost my bhp again in one race! :ouch: It seems theres no way to fix this, cause im not wasting so much after every race to rebuild the engine, and the car itself costs somewhere around 5,000,000 and dont want it to have the same problem.
 
sw_sephiroth
Oh wow. I think mine is around 1380hp. Only the Bobs use it.

Same here....about 1385hp last I looked. I forgot the original
Hp was above 1500! Maybe I'll do the rebuild after all!
 
I'm just outright not caring about oil changes or overhauls for this car. It decimated bspec AI, and that's all I care about.
 
I'm just outright not caring about oil changes or overhauls for this car. It decimated bspec AI, and that's all I care about.

Totally this.
 
FULL_THROTTLE
I got a FGT @2000miles did engine overhaul and entered the FGT world championship, halfway through the championship i lost 100bhp meaning i couldnt keep up with the AI. After finishing the championship i gave it another overhaul 500,000(or something high) each time and entered one race, in that race i lost my bhp again in one race! :ouch: It seems theres no way to fix this, cause im not wasting so much after every race to rebuild the engine, and the car itself costs somewhere around 5,000,000 and dont want it to have the same problem.

I think this has to do with the break in period. If you keep rebuilding before you've broken in the engine you will never get up to the highest output the engine can give. As i understand it the rebuild makes the hp go up at first then down for a little while then back up to its peak then slowly back down until you actually need another rebuild... Maybe someone who understands how this works in GT5 can explain it better... I havent paid much attention to what actually happens with hp.
 
I got a FGT @2000miles did engine overhaul and entered the FGT world championship, halfway through the championship i lost 100bhp meaning i couldnt keep up with the AI. After finishing the championship i gave it another overhaul 500,000(or something high) each time and entered one race, in that race i lost my bhp again in one race! :ouch: It seems theres no way to fix this, cause im not wasting so much after every race to rebuild the engine, and the car itself costs somewhere around 5,000,000 and dont want it to have the same problem.

In real race, overhaul every race as possible, Replace a new one is Faster way! (Look as Old time F1...)

Unless Race Regulation or Tight budget (like You).

If budget is Tight, the only solution not an Overhaul but change oil. The sadness Fact is, the car is degrading in every inch, every miles! So try habit with that.
Also, difference car engine have different Lift time. We should learn the Peak life time as possible.
 
Last edited:
My was dropped several times untill 1400. but with a engine rebuild it's fixed to 1596BHP.
 
Same here....about 1385hp last I looked. I forgot the original
Hp was above 1500! Maybe I'll do the rebuild after all!

Don't you think 1385hp is still plenty? lol
 
Back