Engine sound cutting out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bonker
  • 5 comments
  • 1,266 views
Messages
83
Messages
captgoodvibes
After the last update, I've been getting periodic episodes where the engine sound cuts out for all or a majority of the track. Sometimes there is a portion of the track where the engine sound can be heard at normal volumes. The wind and other car sounds are at normal volumes during these cutouts.

Specific examples:
The Cobra Daytona at Willow Springs during the Classic Muscle Car Series.

The BMW Z8 during a Silverstone race(forgot which one).

Anyone else have this issue?
 
After the last update, I've been getting periodic episodes where the engine sound cuts out for all or a majority of the track. Sometimes there is a portion of the track where the engine sound can be heard at normal volumes. The wind and other car sounds are at normal volumes during these cutouts.

Specific examples:
The Cobra Daytona at Willow Springs during the Classic Muscle Car Series.

The BMW Z8 during a Silverstone race(forgot which one).

Anyone else have this issue?


Yes, me too, dare say the guys at GT will put it right, but posting it here will, hopefully, get it noticed.
 
Bump.

Still occurring after yesterday's update.
 
I've noticed in all races, your own car's sounds lose at least 50% volume when an opponent car is near yours, and their sounds also become louder than yours.
 
I've noticed in all races, your own car's sounds lose at least 50% volume when an opponent car is near yours, and their sounds also become louder than yours.

I can confirm that because my sls amg gt3 gets dwarfed out by the "intense" overbearing rumble of a honda fit. When driving they take emphasis on other cars engine noises over yours, where it should just be a combo of both of it.

I don't think I've heard engine or noise cut out while racing, but during replays, there is a vast amount of engine noise being cut out, literally quiet when I'm at 7k rpm and its doing a flyby.

After the last update, I've been getting periodic episodes where the engine sound cuts out for all or a majority of the track. Sometimes there is a portion of the track where the engine sound can be heard at normal volumes. The wind and other car sounds are at normal volumes during these cutouts.

Specific examples:
The Cobra Daytona at Willow Springs during the Classic Muscle Car Series.

The BMW Z8 during a Silverstone race(forgot which one).

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm thinking that maybe the wind or other noise is just too loud? Sometimes it happens to me and it frustrates me, like come on PD, so much wind noise, really? Like racecar drivers leave their windows down. They drive a car thats designed to be as aerodynamic as possible, you really think they would just lower their windows?

Tire screech combined with the Katrina-esque winds might just make it harder for you to actually hear the engine, or maybe its just that specific car on the track.
 
40% of the time I race with my Mustang Boss 302 I have 0 engine noise and I have to restart the race. Not sure if it is car related, as the Mustang is my primary grinding vehicle.
 
Back