Engine sounds becoming inaudible / soft / disapeparing

  • Thread starter Thread starter mef
  • 3 comments
  • 777 views

mef

Messages
410
Antarctica
Antarctica
Hi there,

has anybody else noticed the car's engine sounds in cockpit view disappearing or becoming in audible when in a pack of other cars?

It's really irritating as you can't hear your revs anymore and shifting becomes difficult.

I wonder if it's a bug in the sound engine.

I'm driving with just engine sounds, no music. Not sure if it's related to a specific model of car, It's probably a generic issue?
 
mef
Hi there,

has anybody else noticed the car's engine sounds in cockpit view disappearing or becoming in audible when in a pack of other cars?

It's really irritating as you can't hear your revs anymore and shifting becomes difficult.

I wonder if it's a bug in the sound engine.

I'm driving with just engine sounds, no music. Not sure if it's related to a specific model of car, It's probably a generic issue?

actually i did notice that, but i think its normal
 
mef
Hi there,

has anybody else noticed the car's engine sounds in cockpit view disappearing or becoming in audible when in a pack of other cars?

It's really irritating as you can't hear your revs anymore and shifting becomes difficult.

I wonder if it's a bug in the sound engine.

I'm driving with just engine sounds, no music. Not sure if it's related to a specific model of car, It's probably a generic issue?

Well in real life its nearly impossible for me to hear my motocross bike when the gate drops and 20 other riders are clicking through the gears trying to get to the 1st turn. Im sure the same thing applies in car racing.
 
Well in real life its nearly impossible for me to hear my motocross bike when the gate drops and 20 other riders are clicking through the gears trying to get to the 1st turn. Im sure the same thing applies in car racing.

On a bike there's no cabin so of I guess you hear everybody else's engines even more than in a car.

In GT5 it only takes a few cars, may 2-5 (not 20) that I get close to and then my engine sound disappears basically. That does not seem very realistic.

I wonder, are exhaust noise decibels higher in real life than in the cabin? Maybe that could explain it. In any case I think the sound should never drop off, it happens too suddenly usually.
 
Last edited:
Back