Engine sounds

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 20 comments
Canada
Mtl
I have to say the engine sounds especially in replays with a good headphone and volume up alot is surprisingly great for most cars i tried. With good doppler effect too.

And the cockpit sound in gameplay is pretty good too with a feel like it's muffled that makes you feel like you are really inside the car pretty well.

Last edited:
The game does have good engine sounds, if you compare it to the previous-gen GT titles like GT5 and GT6. :lol:
Imo, the sounds in GTSport is just as good as other games on the market right now. Previous gen gran turismo has the worst engine sound I've ever heard in racing games.

I've been blown away by the sounds of cars so far. Hearing cars like the Pantera, Cobra, Impreza 22B, Gr.4 WRX, C2 Corvette, F1 GT1, GR Supra, and even the Huayra is such a great treat! :D

Thanks for the tip.
I haven't tried those yet.
I know the cobra sounds great in ac.
How does the daytona sound?
It's so expensive i need be sure it sounds great 1st lol.

Imo, the sounds in GTSport is just as good as other games on the market right now. Previous gen gran turismo has the worst engine sound I've ever heard in racing games.
Gran Turismo 6 sounded pretty good when I had the ps3 sound running through my speaker system. It came with a catch though, you had to have the volume really loud.

That's why I've said that. It's obvious that the engine sounds in GT Sport are much better than the crappy ones in GT5 or GT6.

PD hiring the ex-Forza sound guy is probably the best thing they have done in a while. I've said that before and I just said it again. :P

With that said I was doing laps around the Nurb 24hr circuit last night in an Aston Vantage Gr.4 and just couldn't get enough of it.

Overall its much improved however there are certain comparisons in certain cars say the GT40 MkIV where the GT5/6 sounds better than they are in GT Sport.

I was watching a guy do laps in a McLaren GTR Gr3 last on RBR and from chase cam the car sounded very very “digital” if that makes any sense, it was very fake sounding.

I was watching a guy do laps in a McLaren GTR Gr3 last on RBR and from chase cam the car sounded very very “digital” if that makes any sense, it was very fake sounding.
There are still many instances of that. For example, the SF19 Toyota sounds very 'digital' in chase and roof cam. In-car, which I always use, sounds very nice though.

There are still many instances of that. For example, the SF19 Toyota sounds very 'digital' in chase and roof cam. In-car, which I always use, sounds very nice though.

Weird, maybe it’s harder to record/replay the engine sounds from the outside of the car? I always use bumper cam so I had never noticed this before, thanks for the info. :cheers:

Back