Engine Starter Button

• Thread starter Trick_13
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
North East England
Trick-Chapman13
Hey Everyone,

Fairly new to ACC (few days) and having a couple of problems. First is the engine start button, watched many people play the game both on YT vids and streams so I’m familiar with the sequence of pressing ignition button on then pressing engine start button to start the car.
Problem is when I’m pressing or holding in the start button the car won’t start. It will make a stutter noise, sometimes once, twice or maybe 3 times from a single press. Sounds like it’s going to start but then it doesn’t. I’ve mapped various different engine start buttons on both my button boxes and also on my wheel and I’m getting the same problem. If I sit there for say 5 minutes I will of been able to start the car around 5 times but this is after many tries. So the car will eventually start but that’s no good when sitting on the starting line of a race. Yes I know I can just use the automatic start sequence which I’ve had to use but I’d rather start the car manually.
Any tips,help or advice is much appreciated.
Cheers

Hey Daz, after further investigation I can now get the engine to start using a button on my wheel. However it still won’t start using buttons on my button boxes, but those same buttons will trigger the ignition if I map them to do so.
Also tried out the same buttons on PC2 and they start the car no problem so it’s definitely not the buttons on the button boxes. It’s a strange one!
Car is 100% in neutral, I’m almost certain I’ve tried both pressing the clutch and also not pressing the clutch but both with the same result.

The engine starter button needs to be held down for a period of time until the engine is spinning fast enough to catch.

If your button box is emulating a keyboard instead of a game controller, chances are it will just send a single keypress event.... so ACC won't detect the button having been pressed for long enough. If you hold down the button, it might send repeat keypresses - in much the same way that your keyboard does if you hold a key down for long enough.

Had the same issue with the button box I built - luckily I was able to change the code on it to emulate a game controller instead of a keyboard, and it works fine now

The engine starter button needs to be held down for a period of time until the engine is spinning fast enough to catch.

If your button box is emulating a keyboard instead of a game controller, chances are it will just send a single keypress event.... so ACC won't detect the button having been pressed for long enough. If you hold down the button, it might send repeat keypresses - in much the same way that your keyboard does if you hold a key down for long enough.

Had the same issue with the button box I built - luckily I was able to change the code on it to emulate a game controller instead of a keyboard, and it works fine now

Thanks for the information, that makes sense.
I have just bought a new button box from Simracing4u, really nice button box. Only problem is not one single button will register or bind on ACC. I went onto PC2 just to check the new button box was not broken, had no problems registering buttons and no problems starting the cars on PC2 and all was working fine. Any idea why this is happening on ACC?

When you're selecting which control to map, try clicking in the steering wheel column rather than the keyboard / game controller column.

Seemed a bit counter intuitive to me, but that's what I needed to do to get mine working...

Problem is now sorted. I bought a new button box from Simracing4u (outstanding quality) but couldn’t map any of the buttons to anything in ACC. After further investigation I was trying to map the buttons to the green keyboard section instead of the blue wheel section. Once I mapped them to the wheel section they all worked fine. Thanks for the suggestions and advice.

Latest Posts

Back