Engine swap disappeared

United States
United States
Finally after weeks of garbage roulette tickets I got an engine swap for the s15. I was beyond excited and immediately got in my s15, went to the tuning parts tab, and attempted to install the engine. The tuning part disappeared and my s15 still has the sr20. Wtf? Where did it go? Do I need to install in car settings? It’s no longer showing in tuning parts and the car has the stock engine. I am extremely irritated by this.

You probably won another SR20 (SR20 shows as a S15 tuning part) and installed it’s normal engine back in the car. The Supra 2JZ is the actual S15 engine swap.

Last edited:
You probably won another SR20 (SR20 shows as a S15 tuning part) and installed it’s normal engine back in the car. The Supra 2JZ is the actual S15 engine swap.
Yes, on the ticket description, the car mentioned is the "origin" car, not the car that's intended to be installed.

What a stupid design. I hate these roulette tickets more and more every day.
To be fair, the game was not at fault here. The engine was simply compatible because the car already has one. You can always double-check. Once the engine of the car is worn, you can just swap out for the fresh one. That's why it's a possibility in the first place. Also, all engine-swapped cars have the engine model written in green

Last edited:
This same thing happened to me 😭 I won the swap for the spirit rx7 so I immediately installed it but left it stock and got off the game for a couple of hours. Got back on, changed back to the rx7 so I could upgrade it and noticed it still had parts I previously bought. Thought I was tripping so I went to car settings and yeap still had the 13b in it. Isn't in tuning parts nowhere. So yeah I'm pissed.

This same thing happened to me 😭 I won the swap for the spirit rx7 so I immediately installed it but left it stock and got off the game for a couple of hours. Got back on, changed back to the rx7 so I could upgrade it and noticed it still had parts I previously bought. Thought I was tripping so I went to car settings and yeap still had the 13b in it. Isn't in tuning parts nowhere. So yeah I'm pissed.
There are 2 engines that you can swap into the RX7:
1. the original RX7 engine
2. the 787B engine

If you see a ticket price: "RX7 engine", it is the first one.

Sounds like you just stuck a newer version of the 13b back in the RX7 and that’s why you still had all the original tuning parts. The engine you want is the R26B from the 787. You could have also put the 13b in the ‘89 MX-5/Miata.

Edit: you guys should check the first page of this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-engine-swap-compatibility-list.405033/

Last edited:
To be fair, the game was not at fault here.
IMO it IS a fault of the game, it's extremely misleading that the only car it tells you is compatible is the one that already has that engine, and you have to visit a web forum to see the complete list of cars it can be used in.

IMO it IS a fault of the game, it's extremely misleading that the only car it tells you is compatible is the one that already has that engine, and you have to visit a web forum to see the complete list of cars it can be used in.
That’s because the point of getting a new engine, is that it’s a replacement for the worn engine of that specific car! The fact that the engine may be eligible for swapping into another car is optional (as per the on screen text)
087991E3-DDB3-4B25-A4BF-BB8397D1B8C1.jpeg
I do agree though that it needs a bit more clarity on what cars are eligible to have the swap. They could even just list them under the tuning parts like they do with the other parts we receive!

No Im positive I won the 787 swap not the 13b. Either way it's gone so its whatever. Hopefully I'll win it again.
If you won the 787B swap it would of said 787B on the engine swap reward card that pops

Last edited:
IMO it IS a fault of the game
It isn't. The game shows you on the same screen what engine is in the car and which one you are about to put in as well as what stats will change. If it's all the same and you still do the swap that's absolutely not on the game but your inability to read.

It isn't. The game shows you on the same screen what engine is in the car and which one you are about to put in as well as what stats will change. If it's all the same and you still do the swap that's absolutely not on the game but your inability to read.
The game should still tell you all the cars it can go in, not just the original.

Latest Posts

Back