England No. 2 - An statistic study of the number of players of GT Sport in England

• Thread starter Kano Manel
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
London
England No. 2

Statistic study of the number of players of GT Sport in England

England is the second more active nation in GT Sport. And I thought… hey… how many players are in each region and council? In such a democratic nation, all sort of data is available, so I’ve been researching and I produced this. Which is far from perfect but still not that inaccurate.

This statistic study is just an approximation and needs some work to improve, any input that helps to make it better is very welcome.

You can see the spreadsheet here.

Methodology

I have applied the numbers by finding how much percentage of population adds every area of England to the total of the population of England (55,619,700)

I have ignored Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland because they represent a cipher so small that it was very difficult to work with them. In the other hand, they only represent 15.7% of the total of population of UK.

To find these numbers I have guessed that the proportion of the population of every region is the proportion of players they add to the game (which is obviously inexact, but the most accurate method I can think off, any suggestions about the method please post).

Thereby, I’m considering that if Kent contains a 3.29% of the population of England, it will proportionally contain 3.29% of the total of English accounts (again, this is not exact, but might be very close).

Total of accounts in UK is 548,100 (Kudosprime,2018), taking into account that Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are 15.7% of population I considered that they would probably be 15.7% of the total UK accounts, thereby 443,081 would be the number of English accounts (again, this is inexact, but the most accurate method I can imagine).

Now, if 3.29% of population of the game is from Kent, that means that 132 players are from Kent. Even more, 0.14328% (6 in total) are from Dartford (which would explain why I’m Dartford’s fastest with Nissan and 6th in general) :D

I added some correction to the formula to reduce the numbers, because at the beginning I considered them to high (I was getting 9 players in Dartford, there is no way that there are 9 players of GT Sport in Dartford. During an event in the local shopping centre I established the fastest lap in F1 2017 in a real size simulator. Nobody out of 85,000 people is faster than me? No, is just they don’t play games. Big fish in small pond effect). So I made a correction to squeeze the final numbers a bit and are now more realistic.

ATTENTION. If you live in any of these Counties you might be able to help me to make the numbers right. These are main region, not secondary. You should be able to check the ranking (Nations Cup, not Manufacturers) and see whether they are right. I’d like to know how to see the results of the SEASON 1 but I can only see Kent. In a side note, if you are from any of these regions you might get an S quite easily; just train hard.

City of London 0

Rutland 3

Isle of Wight 10

Herefordshire 14

Northumberland 23

Bristol 33

Shropshire 36

Cumbria 36

Cornwall 40

Warwickshire 41

Worcestershire 42

Thanks for reading, if you can help to check the numbers that would be great.

PS:
In a political side note, the data used for this study is from 2016/2017. UK is the only country in Europe experimenting +0.6% of population change yearly, there is no other country suffering this, hence Brexit (I’m an immigrant but even I understand this) (worldmeters,2018) (the main increment of population is always in the south east region, particularly in Greater London)

2018 66,573,504 0.59% 391,919

2017 66,181,585 0.60% 393,011

2016 65,788,574 0.60% 391,494

2015 65,397,080 0.65% 418,047

2010 63,306,843 0.98% 604,018

REFERENCES

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=nb_players_by_country

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/

(Warning, it took me several hours of research to do this, however it might be total crap. This is my first statistic study, don’t take it too seriously)

England No. 2

Statistic study of the number of players of GT Sport in England

England is the second more active nation in GT Sport. And I thought… hey… how many players are in each region and council? In such a democratic nation, all sort of data is available, so I’ve been researching and I produced this. Which is far from perfect but still not that inaccurate.

This statistic study is just an approximation and needs some work to improve, any input that helps to make it better is very welcome.

You can see the spreadsheet here.

Methodology

I have applied the numbers by finding how much percentage of population adds every area of England to the total of the population of England (55,619,700)

I have ignored Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland because they represent a cipher so small that it was very difficult to work with them. In the other hand, they only represent 15.7% of the total of population of UK.

To find these numbers I have guessed that the proportion of the population of every region is the proportion of players they add to the game (which is obviously inexact, but the most accurate method I can think off, any suggestions about the method please post).

Thereby, I’m considering that if Kent contains a 3.29% of the population of England, it will proportionally contain 3.29% of the total of English accounts (again, this is not exact, but might be very close).

Total of accounts in UK is 548,100 (Kudosprime,2018), taking into account that Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are 15.7% of population I considered that they would probably be 15.7% of the total UK accounts, thereby 443,081 would be the number of English accounts (again, this is inexact, but the most accurate method I can imagine).

Now, if 3.29% of population of the game is from Kent, that means that 132 players are from Kent. Even more, 0.14328% (6 in total) are from Dartford (which would explain why I’m Dartford’s fastest with Nissan and 6th in general) :D

I added some correction to the formula to reduce the numbers, because at the beginning I considered them to high (I was getting 9 players in Dartford, there is no way that there are 9 players of GT Sport in Dartford. During an event in the local shopping centre I established the fastest lap in F1 2017 in a real size simulator. Nobody out of 85,000 people is faster than me? No, is just they don’t play games. Big fish in small pond effect). So I made a correction to squeeze the final numbers a bit and are now more realistic.

ATTENTION. If you live in any of these Counties you might be able to help me to make the numbers right. These are main region, not secondary. You should be able to check the ranking (Nations Cup, not Manufacturers) and see whether they are right. I’d like to know how to see the results of the SEASON 1 but I can only see Kent. In a side note, if you are from any of these regions you might get an S quite easily; just train hard.

City of London 0

Rutland 3

Isle of Wight 10

Herefordshire 14

Northumberland 23

Bristol 33

Shropshire 36

Cumbria 36

Cornwall 40

Warwickshire 41

Worcestershire 42

Thanks for reading, if you can help to check the numbers that would be great.

PS:
In a political side note, the data used for this study is from 2016/2017. UK is the only country in Europe experimenting +0.6% of population change yearly, there is no other country suffering this, hence Brexit (I’m an immigrant but even I understand this) (worldmeters,2018) (the main increment of population is always in the south east region, particularly in Greater London)

2018 66,573,504 0.59% 391,919

2017 66,181,585 0.60% 393,011

2016 65,788,574 0.60% 391,494

2015 65,397,080 0.65% 418,047

2010 63,306,843 0.98% 604,018

REFERENCES

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=nb_players_by_country

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/

(Warning, it took me several hours of research to do this, however it might be total crap. This is my first statistic study, don’t take it too seriously)

When i check my regional leaderboards for Derby it returns no player data

Probably is the best term. You can, but nobody knows how (sounds very PD, right?)
There should be at least 15-18 people in Derby playing GT SPort, but if they don't participate of FIA Championship they aren't in the statistics. I didn't play online for a while at the beginning, for example.

In the case of Kent, only 62 people are registered in the Championship, the stats assume that 130 should be playing, the more data the better the correction. Thanks, keep sharing data please.

You probably can.
I’ve just seen where to access it in game, when you couldn’t find data for Derby, did you have season 2 selected? Because no races have begun yet. Same for me in Norfolk but can see my data if I select season one at the drop down menu

Derby had a few last time I checked, can't remember how many exactly however.

(Just doubled checked, Derbyshire had 38 entrants into S1 of the nations cup, 32 of which scored points.)

Last edited:
Derby had a few last time I checked, can't remember how many exactly however.

(Just doubled checked, Derbyshire had 38 entrants into S1 of the nations cup, 32 of which scored points.)
great, I'm starting to see a constant here. Bigger cities tend to have about 50% less than what I predicted, in small areas is more acurate. What about your local area? What number are you?

great, I'm starting to see a constant here. Bigger cities tend to have about 50% less than what I predicted, in small areas is more acurate. What about your local area? What number are you?

Can’t help with Derby itself as it doesn’t display a number of entrant or a leaderboard (to my knowledge at least?) and I’m number one.

well, mate, you definately have to make a bad race next Saturday, so you can drop to the bottom and show me how many people is in :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

Back