English test descriptions

• Thread starter Sven
  • 26 comments
I've been wondering what some of the test descriptions were (have Korean version), so could someone post them in enlish?

Is this what your after guys?

If these are okay, then let me know and I'll post the rest up for you. I've put them in the order you have to take the tests in the game, starting the the green section.

Green1.gif

Green2.gif

Green3.gif

Green4.gif

Green5.gif

Green6.gif

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for that, but, what I was thinking about (I don't know about Sven) was the voice over narration at the beginning of each test. Is that the same as the written?

Originally posted by 8400RPM
Thanks for that, but, what I was thinking about (I don't know about Sven) was the voice over narration at the beginning of each test. Is that the same as the written?
No not exactly, the voice overs are a bit more detailed but the written stuff sums it up basically.

I wouldn't mind having the spoken descriptions, but I didn't want to make anyone take down all of them. So those license screens are fine, and what I was expecting and wanting.

P.S. Actually, I have the chinese version.

Originally posted by Sven
I wouldn't mind having the spoken descriptions, but I didn't want to make anyone take down all of them. So those license screens are fine, and what I was expecting and wanting.

P.S. Actually, I have the chinese version.

I think I will receive my PAL GT4 Prologue by tomorrow, I will cap all the test screens and post into my GT4P Image Gallery when I have the game (and unlocked all tests).

A little tip: set the game on 4:3 mode, so that the cars in the background look a little nicer. Seen that Lotus in the last shot? :D

Nice job, though. I captured all 46 of them yesterday myself. Will get them up somewhere soon.

Originally posted by Arwin
A little tip: set the game on 4:3 mode, so that the cars in the background look a little nicer. Seen that Lotus in the last shot? :D

Nice job, though. I captured all 46 of them yesterday myself. Will get them up somewhere soon.

I noticed that the aspect ratio is a bit odd when I first play the game (just received it today), I didn't check the settings until I have unlocked most of first page lessions and then check the settings, it defaults to 16:9, ha ha !

Japanese and Chinese versions default to 4:3.

Maskrider - Those screen captures are alot sharper than mine. Are you running the game through a TV Capture card and then through your monitor? If so what make of TV card and version of software are you using?

Cheers

Jamie

Finally uploaded all lessions screens, whhheeeew !

Jamie, I am using AverMedia EZ DVDMaker Gold, which is a Philips SAA7130 chip based PCTV card (but only video ins are provided on my card).

The software is DScaler, a good and free software which you can get from http://www.dscaler.org

BTW, I use S-Video connection only.

Originally posted by maskrider
Finally uploaded all lessions screens, whhheeeew !

Jamie, I am using AverMedia EZ DVDMaker Gold, which is a Philips SAA7130 chip based PCTV card (but only video ins are provided on my card).

The software is DScaler, a good and free software which you can get from http://www.dscaler.org

BTW, I use S-Video connection only.

Cheers for that dude. I got the latest version of Dscaler and it's really improved my image quality. The latest version is a little unstable (as it says on their site), but I can live with that seeing as it's free and all.

Cheers

Jamie

I use a Hauppage WinTV for capturing movies with DivX 5.1 hooked up, but for some reason an old Pinnacle a friend left here manages far better still shots, which are close to professional quality.

Originally posted by Arwin
I use a Hauppage WinTV for capturing movies with DivX 5.1 hooked up, but for some reason an old Pinnacle a friend left here manages far better still shots, which are close to professional quality.

I have tried Conexant Fusion 878A and Conexant CX23881 before.

The best chip in my experience is Philips SAA713x (x is a digit), nothing compares to its quality.

The card needs to be calibrated for a source for good colour and resolution (mainly gain, brightness and contrast, then may be Y/C delay with the chroma filter in DScaler).

I have only adjusted mine for NTSC, I left everything at default for PAL (i.e. GT4 P) as I am too lazy to calibrate it again. :)

I know what you mean, but you have to admit these grabs are nearly flawless when in all other respects the card is crap :lol: :

coffee3hi.jpg

coffee3hi2.jpg

That means the cards default suits the source (your PS2).

The ones in the gallery has the NTSC gain setting which the white is over when in PAL, ha ha !

This one is in the gallery, not calibrated and using NTSC gain, brightness and contrast settings

test-cb-3.jpg

This one has been calibrated a bit (not fully calibrated)

test-cb-3-2.jpg

The other screen (don't laught at my time, I have only played it once in PAL version, heh)

test-cb-3-1.jpg

Ha ha ! :)

Took the plunge and replaced all the old images (except some pics that need replay from scratch to get) of both the cars and the lessions.

Should be clearer to read now.

Nice job maskrider! My grabs are at IGN now, but since they were just thrown in there and out of order, I think you're site is a lot easier to navigate!

I'm writing down the descriptions for the licence tests (not the stuff VBH explains to you) and putting them on my site. As well as some other licency stuff.

Back